PDA

View Full Version : All my family now use Ubuntu!

moeFinley
April 1st, 2007, 06:30 PM
After I started using Ubuntu about 9 months ago slowly each member of my family has follow suit. And what's even more impressive, I didn't have to pursued them.

My parents have just switch and were quite tentative but switched after my brother and sister had both switched of their own accord.

My brother is as technical as me and switched soon after seeing it on my machine. Worried about her pirate copy of Windows (she's a student, it's allowed) my sister followed a few months later.

They have all been surprised by how 'normal' it is. It's strange that people can't believe that Linux, or anything free, can be capable and easy to use until they sit down and start to use it.

ajeffreys
April 1st, 2007, 06:34 PM
Most of my family are scared of switching to ubuntu, as they have known nothing except windows.

karellen
April 1st, 2007, 07:51 PM
great. I succeeded in converting my sister. now my girlfriend is next on the list :D

macogw
April 1st, 2007, 08:40 PM
My brother and sister said they want to use Ubuntu when they get their own laptops (was going to whitebook it, but nevermind, they're getting System76), so I said that for them to get used to it ahead of time, I'd put it on mom's computer. I told her it would be different but since she didn't know how to use Windows anyway, it shouldn't be any harder to pick up. She decided it's easier and is telling her friends that Linux is easier than Windows :p