PDA

View Full Version : Exchanging a laptop possible?

PartisanEntity
March 27th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Anyone know if it is possible or common, to send in a laptop, and after paying the difference of obtaining a newer model? For example Asus laptops?

Thanks!

kelbizzle
March 27th, 2007, 11:48 PM
No but depending on when you purchased it...You can just tell them you want your money back. A way to find out call as if you were a new customer and simply ask. "If I purchased a early model laptop could I return it to pay the difference for a later model I seen you guys offered?" If no, just return it if it's not too late.

mips
March 28th, 2007, 07:54 PM
In the USA this should be easy. Ie heard of others doing it. How long have you had the laptop.

Best way to find out is to take it back and ask for a different one, else ask for your money back.

PartisanEntity
March 28th, 2007, 08:11 PM
The laptop is about 1 and a half years old. I guess I'll call the shop tomorrow.

mips
March 28th, 2007, 11:09 PM
The laptop is about 1 and a half years old. I guess I'll call the shop tomorrow.

I think you are pushing your luck there. In a business that laptop would be halve way through its depreciation cycle.

If it was a week or two I would say fine, but 1.5 years would be a no-go.

TheMono
March 28th, 2007, 11:44 PM
There is no way they will do it. No way at all. mips is right, up to a month and you might be in, but any longer than that and you don't have a hope.

prizrak
March 29th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Anything over 30 days is pretty much a lost cause the only way is if you have warranty on it still and it falls under the lemon clause. That one is damn near impossible to get the company to honor (I've tried).

PartisanEntity
March 29th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Damn :)