PDA

View Full Version : What is Your World View?

weekend warrior
June 5th, 2005, 02:34 PM
I just took an interesting quiz and thought people here might be interested too.

What is Your World View? (http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=23320)

I scored as Postmodernist :grin: (materialist is higher for me than I would have thought though) :-?

Postmodernism is the belief in complete open interpretation. You see the universe as a collection of information with varying ways of putting it together. There is no absolute truth for you; even the most hardened facts are open to interpretation. Meaning relies on context and even the language you use to describe things should be subject to analysis.

Postmodernist 88%
Cultural Creative 81%
Materialist 75%
Idealist 50%
Existentialist 50%
Modernist 50%
Romanticist 38%
Fundamentalist 25%

Lovechild
June 5th, 2005, 02:52 PM
You scored as Modernist.

Modernism represents the thought that science and reason are all we need to carry on. Religion is unnecessary and any sort of spirituality halts progress. You believe everything has a rational explanation. 50% of Americans share your world-view.

Modernist 100%
Materialist 100%
Postmodernist 75%
Existentialist 75%
Romanticist 63%
Fundamentalist 50%
Idealist 50%
Cultural Creative 25%

ZeroA4
June 5th, 2005, 03:20 PM
You scored as Materialist.

Materialism stresses the essence of fundamental particles. Everything that exists is purely physical matter and there is no special force that holds life together. You believe that anything can be explained by breaking it up into its pieces. i.e. the big picture can be understood by its smaller elements.
Materialist 100%
Modernist 88%
Postmodernist 88%
Existentialist 75%
Romanticist 44%
Idealist 38%
Cultural Creative 38%
Fundamentalist 19%

jdunavin
June 5th, 2005, 03:38 PM
You scored as Idealist.

Idealism centers around the belief that we are moving towards something greater. An odd mix of evolutionist and spiritualist, you see the divine within ourselves, waiting to emerge over time. Many religious traditions express how the divine spirit lost its identity, thus creating our world of turmoil, but in time it will find itself and all things will again become one.

Idealist 69%
Cultural Creative 63%
Existentialist 50%
Modernist 44%
Romanticist 44%
Postmodernist 38%
Materialist 31%
Fundamentalist 19%

helgman
June 5th, 2005, 04:23 PM
You scored as Cultural Creative.

Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative: 81%
Romanticist: 56%
Existentialist: 56%
Modernist: 50%
Materialist: 50%
Postmodernist: 50%
Idealist: 50%
Fundamentalist: 31%

somuchfortheafter
June 5th, 2005, 04:24 PM

Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative 88%
Postmodernist 75%
Modernist 75%
Idealist 69%
Materialist 63%
Existentialist 56%
Romanticist 50%
Fundamentalist 25%

oddly enough that describes me perfectly lol

Dylanby
June 5th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Here's "me":

Cultural Creative: 94%
Existentialist: 75%
Materialist: 56%
Idealist: 56%
Postmodernist:50%
Modernist: 44%
Romanticist: 38%
Fundamentalist: 13%

Some of the questions are open to different interpretations. They really need to be placed in a broader discussion so that they could be defined contextually. I found others to be somewhat pretentious.

Still, it was fun.

maspro
June 5th, 2005, 05:39 PM
You scored as Idealist.

Idealism centers around the belief that we are moving towards something greater. An odd mix of evolutionist and spiritualist, you see the divine within ourselves, waiting to emerge over time. Many religious traditions express how the divine spirit lost its identity, thus creating our world of turmoil, but in time it will find itself and all things will again become one.

Existentialist: 88%
Idealist: 88%
Modernist: 69%
Cultural Creative: 63%
Postmodernist: 56%
Materialist: 50%
Romanticist: 31%
Fundamentalist: 13%

:)

Monchy
June 5th, 2005, 05:41 PM
You scored as Existentialist. Existentialism emphasizes human capability. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.

Existentialist - 81 %
Postmodernist - 81%
Materialist - 75%
Idealist - 75%
Romanticist - 69%
Modernist - 69%
Cultural Creative - 63%
Fundamentalist - 53%

tread
June 5th, 2005, 05:45 PM
I should know better than to take these quizzes by now, but still :D

You scored as Existentialist.

Existentialism emphasizes human capability. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.

Existentialist 100%
Materialist 94%
Modernist 69%
Romanticist 69%
Postmodernist 69%
Cultural Creative 56%
Idealist 56%
Fundamentalist 6%

GTKpower
June 5th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Well, here's what I got.

You scored as Complete *******

Complete Assholes are probably one of the oldest groups in existence, and among its hallowed ranks, lays claim to politicians, lawyers, generals, and residents of ivory towers. This group centers around the belief that it is perfectly acceptable to force one's own views on others, and when encountering dissent or disagreement, the offending elements or individuals are judiciously ignored. Passive agression is a common form of behaviour. Those who do not understand this behaviour often respond by crying, or grudging acceptance, or, in the case of wild, dazzlingly beautiful women, awe and sexual desire. The meaning of life is whatever you decide, and all other views are wrong.

Complete *******: 100%
Cultural Creative: 0%
Existentialist: 0%
Materialist: 0%
Idealist: 0%
Postmodernist:0%
Modernist: 0%
Romanticist: 0%
Fundamentalist: 0%

Anyone else get this?

somuchfortheafter
June 5th, 2005, 07:46 PM
nice

bored2k
June 5th, 2005, 07:51 PM

Cultural Creative 50%

Modernist 19%

Postmodernist 13%

Fundamentalist 6%

Materialist 0%

Romanticist 0%

Idealist 0%

Existentialist 0%

P.S. - Ths is just a piece of ____ .

TravisNewman
June 5th, 2005, 07:52 PM
I'm a cultural creative, it would appear. I won't paste the description, as it's already there.

Cultural Creative 88%

Existentialist 81%

Postmodernist 63%

Modernist 56%

Materialist 56%

Idealist 56%

Romanticist 44%

Fundamentalist 13%

bored2k
June 5th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Some of the questions are open to different interpretations. They really need to be placed in a broader discussion so that they could be defined contextually. I found others to be somewhat pretentious.
Don't thnk that's a good idea. Some might offended by the fact that some mght say something that completely makes fun or offends someone's religious believes (like, meine).

Dylanby
June 5th, 2005, 11:36 PM
Don't think that's a good idea.

I was just critiquing the poll, not voicing any intent or anything ;-)

SparkyDawg
June 6th, 2005, 12:56 AM
You scored as Modernist.

Modernism represents the thought that science and reason are all we need to carry on. Religion is unnecessary and any sort of spirituality halts progress. You believe everything has a rational explanation. 50% of Americans share your world-view.

betrayed
June 6th, 2005, 01:05 AM
You scored as Materialist.

Materialism stresses the essence of fundamental particles. Everything that exists is purely physical matter and there is no special force that holds life together. You believe that anything can be explained by breaking it up into its pieces. i.e. the big picture can be understood by its smaller elements.

Existentialist
100%

Materialist
100%

Modernist
75%

Postmodernist
75%

Cultural Creative
38%

Fundamentalist
25%

Romanticist
25%

Idealist
0%

kleeman
June 6th, 2005, 01:10 AM
I'm with Satre:

Existentialism emphasizes human capability. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.

Existentialist

69%

Cultural Creative

56%

Materialist

50%

Modernist

44%

Idealist

44%

Fundamentalist

31%

Romanticist

25%

Postmodernist

25%

The Producer
June 6th, 2005, 07:11 AM

Existentialist

88%

Modernist

69%

Cultural Creative

63%

Materialist

50%

Idealist

44%

Postmodernist

38%

Fundamentalist

31%

Romanticist

6%

jerome bettis
June 6th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Existentialist 88%
Modernist 75%
Idealist 69%
Cultural Creative 56%
Postmodernist 56%
Materialist 50%
Romanticist 38%
Fundamentalist 38%

23meg
June 6th, 2005, 08:32 AM
this quiz named me with the -ism that i have the least belief in.

Ironi
June 6th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Nevermind, I'm overanalyzing things. GG pwned by insomnia.