PDA

View Full Version : The Hydrosol project

carontis
March 26th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Only a link to let people know something about possible ways to fix a big problem on this planet

http://www.ecoage.net/hydrosol-project.htm

carontis
March 26th, 2007, 10:09 AM
up 4 you all

Spr0k3t
March 26th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Before I click on a potential NSFW link, care to summarize what it's all about?

adam.tropics
March 26th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Before I click on a potential NSFW link, care to summarize what it's all about?

Not really my kind of read...but a quote for you anyway...

The Hydrosol team has developed an innovative solar thermo-chemical reactor for the production of hydrogen from water splitting, resembling the familiar catalytic converter of automobiles. The reactor contains no moving parts and is constructed from special ceramic multi-channelled monoliths that absorb solar radiation.

....which made me feel very uneducated....very quickly!!

Spr0k3t
March 26th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Not really my kind of read...but a quote for you anyway... ...which made me feel very uneducated....very quickly!!

Don't feel bad. I tried to sit down and read it... and wow what a bunch of marketing hype. Marketing hype will make anyone feel stupider.

Personal Summary
Let's take a bit of technology that already exists, rename it a few times adding some new fantastic catch phrases and buzzwords (stamp out and stop redundancy), and develop a foundation around it. Rinse & repeat.

The idea is just, and the technology is already well defined (look past the buzz words). It could be so much better if a third non-participle party would give a sound recognition to it. There's a list of major companies already competing to achieve the same end results, I don't think a small organization will be able to stand on their own under the heat lamps of their contenders unless they have buns to fry.

Erik Trybom
March 26th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I've read about this before and it sounds cool, but many things do and still they turn out not to be efficient or cheap enough to use outside the laboratory.

It's an interesting idea but I don't hold my breath.

Adamant1988
March 26th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Don't feel bad. I tried to sit down and read it... and wow what a bunch of marketing hype. Marketing hype will make anyone feel stupider.

Personal Summary
Let's take a bit of technology that already exists, rename it a few times adding some new fantastic catch phrases and buzzwords (stamp out and stop redundancy), and develop a foundation around it. Rinse & repeat.

The idea is just, and the technology is already well defined (look past the buzz words). It could be so much better if a third non-participle party would give a sound recognition to it. There's a list of major companies already competing to achieve the same end results, I don't think a small organization will be able to stand on their own under the heat lamps of their contenders unless they have buns to fry.

"Marketing hype" usually (read: virtually always) avoids using technical jargon that the target audience won't understand.

carontis
March 27th, 2007, 12:37 AM
I'm not surely feeling bad, but this new is for me and other peoples a good new expecially now that we all see what's happening on the planet. That's called project and it is not a real thing, not yet, so we hope it will be in a near future; the first result of this world will be this summer... when all peoples will use lots of electrical engines to have some fresh...

I haven't had any other news about other companies that are developng this kind of project but I would be glad to know if really are.

I think it's time for all Countries in the planet to get the knowledge that the situation is really over.

The link is a normal link to a site, so you can see it without problem (I will never post something dangerous).