PDA

View Full Version : Spam letters can be interesting.

SZF2001
March 25th, 2007, 04:54 PM
How many of you just drop by your spam box and delete everything in there?

Don't you know there could be some awesome story material in there? And we are running on Linux boxes, so whats the harm of a Windows virus?

Here's one I just got:

Well do our best, I said. But it is a group called the pro to step in. after being bitten by accident in the heat of passion. Begin. the sheots tended to drown out most other sounds. Complain they might right beside him-and I swear that I have never seen him before. Maybe shop and electronic facilities. indeed! A complete corruption of history. greeter of strangers to Paradise, and we are not your usual goaty of clubs, swords, maces and axes. And they all looked very angry. a long table. mystery that is no mystery. Come. any more. The king saw that the mans dog was gone - the man himself a semicircle. They were all filled now with the oldest collection of our feeble physiques and his obvious superiority. Madonette lifted lovely eyebrows with curiosity, stepped daintily A little too well, I said. The Breakdown Wars are long gone and Threats penetrated where blandishments hadnt and we all moved off

We could make a movie out of that!

kwaanens
March 25th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Sound's like the writer was on acid...
I don't understand how these spammers can make money...

- K

meheheh
March 25th, 2007, 05:13 PM
last meal go by for a second time; it had been pretty bad and I would my ankle; a chain ran from it to a staple in the wall. They all exited And has heard their music- Iron John was waiting for me at the door of the Veritorium where we admiration for the electronics in this place. Indefatigable did not shake hands but instead hit his closed right Thats illegal by galactic law! One of them was Madonette. of heroes. My companion smiled warmly in my direction. Pulling his gun Which one? Everything swell. magic wand so it can join us. An admiral, an unarmed combat expert, and a-what are you really, Out in the fresh air? Isnt that a good idea? Death and torture and murder and rape ordered. He is the ,one who knows what the device can do. I fell back, there was no escape. I swung a twisting punch that he I slammed out into the passageway to escape his voice but it followed

I also got a nice image along with it advertising "VIAGARA ****** CHEAP CHEAP COME TO OUR ONLINE PHARMACY"

prizrak
March 25th, 2007, 05:43 PM
These are test messages. They e-mail this nonsense to pretty much every possible e-mail address and those that don't get an "undeliverable" error then go into the spam db as active. If you respond to one of them it's even worse.

meheheh
March 25th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Heh, that was just one gem from my Gmail spam folder....

Currently I have 868 spam messages all caught by Gmail.
Here's another one:

out. i shall kill someone some day; that's all i'm afraid of. i do hate a sneak!'with"can't wait, and i'm afraid i haven't much faith in ink and dirt,
b: hold on, please. faithful little sister, he stooped down and kissed her gratefully. "i don't want anything to remember him by. i was so fond of him,
while sydney was covertly surveying polly as if he did n't quite understand

and stout limbs were hidden, jack looked very young and innocent in his sleep.a towel.just be a simple, honest, respectable boy, and we'll never desert you. i don'tman? oh, uncle! why did you take so much trouble just to gratify a wish of mine?"
his mouth at one blow. i know all the places, and i like it," pleaded nat. drummer who had lost his legs; all vanished in the flames and mingled in one
not like to see anyone, and he usually has his own way. but what do you want?"

not like to see anyone, and he usually has his own way. but what do you want?"his supper, and labored manfully toward that end. when every one was out ofunderstood, for he is n't a very bad fellow, only his spirits are one too manyat the lovely little face bent over him, as if still in a dream.
for five years she had worked was evident that something very martial was to follow, for a great an idea, uncle! it would mould and be spoilt. besides, people would
servants cost so much; it would be just like her," observed maud,

when it was all ready,behind. as they advanced the ground became rougher and hillier, forthe children, and all of a sudden the whole flock pranced into thethey are what i'm after!"
with all sorts of good wishes; and such splendid prophecies were made, and we come to offer of something."
always do die," groaned jo, but she stopped crying, for her friend's
in dismay."i can't help it i didn't take it. i tell you i didn't i didn't!"to prevent visitors from annoying her." thinking of jack, whose bruises and breakages her lively fancy painted
them to go down the hall and leave them, and pile their hats on the got no further, for c. wilkins put out a strong bare arm, still damp, the last words,
dear, and it makes me happy to hear you say so. don't be afraid, i'm often offered her the coveted trifles, but meg declined them, knowingthe well remembered farmhouse appeared in the picture, and aunt em "then you'd"and only heaven can help her," daily ask, if i may trust the well-worn cover of your guidebook. i, too,
the snowdrops did, and began to bloom again, growing tall and quiet, with to these true friends by a new humility and confidence very sweet to them, bunch, cuddled close in the circle of his father's arm and holding his
fact is, we began in fun, but when i got him down i couldn't help poundinglads rather slighted him; but soon they each felt there was a certain fascination him again as he gave a great sigh and said doubtfully
faded finery of a hundred years ago. the band played "auld lang syne,"on the roof, trying to discover the cause of this mysterious barring out, "i thank you, and come one more time before i was over, ben's industrious fit left him, and he leisurely trundled his to them and bade the creature try to overtake the witch and the sorceress. "and only heaven can help her,"to her newly acquired teens. before; mercy and christiana pressed close to their faithful guide, who
you? you mustn't be late. maybe you should ask your father for a ride."it was splendid! a: oh, i'll probably just stay at home.over the chair back. "just at present they are out of mischief and perfectly

weasel fierce
March 25th, 2007, 08:16 PM
You could start a religion or something, based around these texts

bastiegast
March 25th, 2007, 08:56 PM
I seem to be the only one but I rarely receive spam. On my gmail which I've had for about a year now I've had a total of 10 spam mails (all stories like this). On my other hotmail/Windows Live mail *shame* account I rarely get spam either. I've Always found this weird given that I'm not too cautious providing my email address to web sites.

SZF2001
March 26th, 2007, 01:40 AM
I like the religion idea... Eons from now, people will be reading Our Good Book, called Spamorica, or something, and think of it as true testament to... Something. Let's make it a testament to Pizza Rist.

reacocard
March 26th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Here's one I just got:

Iron mans cage under her pillow. The son must steal the key . . . curtain for The Stainless Steel Rats we meant to make it a performance It figures. Over and out. At least we now know where the artifact Ask questions if you have any because this is your last chance, awards to be made-then the crime had to occur. In that brief period we really has been one of those days. was more than respectful when he talked about them because they appear Well gang, I said, it looks like we have done it. Or as Barry Moyd to supply a leader for them to follow? I asked. be certain. Were not taking a chance on that. quick whispers. Returned reluctantly, all scowls again. Just in case I clacked hard and called for attention, but couldnt Of course. We are not going to let the do-gooders interfere with the you can invite Iron John and his opposite number, Mata. Ask yourself and protect them-

You know, maybe these spammers should become authors instead. They certainly have enough plot ideas. ;)

Dual Cortex
March 26th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Just opening spam messages such as those can notify them that that email is active.
And I would guess those texts are modified and derived from actual e-books and such.

macogw
March 26th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Just opening spam messages such as those can notify them that that email is active.
And I would guess those texts are modified and derived from actual e-books and such.

quoted for truth
At least don't open them as HTML. Make it plain text. They sometimes hide 1x1 pixel transparent gifs with a unique identifier per email. then when you open the email, that gif loads and they see that that email was opened and is therefore in use then they spam the bejeezus out of you

SZF2001
March 26th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Wait... is that just for Windows or could it happen on any OS?

Iarwain ben-adar
March 26th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Spam is possible on _all_ OS'es :wink:

Iarwain

SZF2001
March 26th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Well, ya, it doesn't matter where you check your email at - but I'm just talking about viruses and the like (like a friend of mine was about to open a file named 'Picture.exe' because his friend sent him a so-called 'ecard'. No card should ever be .exe, he should be thankfull I save his sorry ***).

Lord Illidan
March 26th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Sound's like the writer was on acid...
I don't understand how these spammers can make money...

- K

How they make money? Let's say they send 1,000,000 emails in a day, at a cost of 100$. (Ok, I made up this figure, I don't know if it is realistic or not). If, say, 10 people are suckers and fall for it, and believe me, some people fell for the Nigerian scammers, they'll fall for anything. That is 0.001 percent, by the way.

If the spammers manage to hack into at least 5 accounts, they already have potentially covered their costs, and made a profit. Now, in real life, I am guessing that probably more than a million emails are sent, and more than 5 accounts are hacked into, daily...scary when you think of it.

OrangeCrate
March 26th, 2007, 07:55 PM
quoted for truth
they spam the bejeezus out of you

Exactly right. If everyone thought chapter one was interesting, wait until they get to read chapters 2 through 999,999. Personally, I was a little surprised to see this thread. Dumb move to open those emails.

Your comment regarding plain text is a good one for all email use. HTML is for websites, plain text is for emails:

http://antivirus.about.com/od/securitytips/a/plainttextemail.htm

SZF2001
March 26th, 2007, 08:12 PM
If the GMail spam blocker works just fine for me, I think I see it fit to open at least one letter.

Don't get on my hair back, jack.

%hMa@?b<C
March 26th, 2007, 09:20 PM
my most recent, strait from my gmail spam box

Gotta keep going, never get rich! the weight of the box he was carrying. He put it down and opened the rations. Which had the texture of cardboard-if not the same exciting through to the walls which were hung with tattered battle banners, extensive deliberation over the correct method to be used. Thought was hard on the cigar that it crackled and sparked. We Survivalists watch and unlocked my handcuffs. longer-and my Chariot of Fire shuddered and began to slowly roll expedition landed in their area of operation. I led the rescue party I do. How much do you personally know about Liokukae? Two seconds ago I had been bound and captive. for one day, or a quarter of a day, or whatever. Lets sleep on it and essential that it be recovered. behind it at a great rate. Burrowing down under the gun turret. just trot north until something happens. it the color of rusty iron. I stepped forward and. bowed a little bow.

bruce89
March 26th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Subject : Go kapowsin untill bearden

Strange thing is I live in Bearsden.

SZF2001
March 27th, 2007, 08:10 PM
It's going to eat your soul. Get away.