PDA

View Full Version : did you ever mess up your iso....

roderikk
March 24th, 2007, 12:54 PM
How stupid can you be. :( I must have been disctracted because I burned an iso by making a data cd!?!?!? So now I have a beautiful burned cd with and iso file on it ;-).

And I am so eager to try out the new beta release of Feisty!!!! How many of you made this mistake....? :-) Or am I completely and utterly alone in this?

PS This is NOT the first ISO I have burned in my life ;-)

antenna
March 24th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I do this very occasionally, usually when the burning application is not particularly friendly. Typically use rewriteables though ;)

daynah
March 24th, 2007, 01:47 PM
I'm not that stupid at all, but I do mess up iso's upon occasion. That's multiple. I do it more than once. Pretty common occurance when I'm making a customized boot.

I may use rewriteables, I usually just toss them. I iso's and the occasional back up are the only thing I burn so...

FoolsGold
March 24th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Can't say I have. You have an ISO, so you use the "image" function of your burning software; doesn't matter what software it is, they all have some option to burn images, and they generally make it clear which option burns a standard data disc and which one burns an image.

Having said that, I do read many stories from a surprising number of people, who insist on performing tasks on a computer... while drunk. Do you have any confessions to make? :)

diskotek
March 24th, 2007, 02:02 PM
nice to know that i'm ot alone :D

roderikk
March 24th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Can't say I have. You have an ISO, so you use the "image" function of your burning software; doesn't matter what software it is, they all have some option to burn images, and they generally make it clear which option burns a standard data disc and which one burns an image.

Having said that, I do read many stories from a surprising number of people, who insist on performing tasks on a computer... while drunk. Do you have any confessions to make? :)
Well... I did manage to install Feisty in the time since that post so I wasn't completely drunk... maybe I was just a little bit too eager.... In the end hurry never pays off I guess :-).

Offtopic: I must say I really like Feisty already! :-)