PDA

View Full Version : QT4 Designer uic doesn't work

ramiro
March 23rd, 2007, 09:00 AM
hey all,

I'm trying to create a QT app using qt4 designer. I've created a simple window and I'm trying to compile it, I run

ramiro@sasha:~/edi/src/designer$ uic -o main.h main.ui

with no issues. When I try to create an implementation file, however, I get this:

ramiro@sasha:~/edi/src/designer$ uic -impl main.h -o main.cpp main.ui
Qt User Interface Compiler version 4.2.3
Usage: uic [options] <uifile>

-h, -help display this help and exit
-v, -version display version
-d, -dependencies display the dependencies
-o <file> place the output into <file>
-tr <func> use func() for i18n
-p, -no-protection disable header protection
-g <name> change generator

obviously it's not recognising the -impl option, despite the fact that it's exactly as written in the man pages. I even copy/pasted the example make file that is in the man page and ran that with the same issue when I tried to create the implementation file.

I tried with -impl, -i (as is said in the trolltech website), --impl, but nothing worked. What's the deal here?

I'm running feisty fawn.

ramiro
March 24th, 2007, 06:36 AM
oh yeah, I checked and made sure that the given files were in the current directory. I even tried giving absolute paths to the files. Nothing seems to be working.

As far as I can tell, it's a bug in uic. Does anyone else have this software and want to test it out (sudo apt-get install qt4-designer)

Faryshta
April 22nd, 2008, 11:26 PM
Hi. I have the same problem you do.

I hope you could solve it, and please explain me how did you

thornmastr
April 23rd, 2008, 09:23 PM
Perhaps you both might want to look closely at QDEVELOP at http://qdevelop.org. It might simplify your issues with QT4.

Robert

Lau_of_DK
April 24th, 2008, 07:48 AM
hey all,

I'm trying to create a QT app using qt4 designer. I've created a simple window and I'm trying to compile it, I run

ramiro@sasha:~/edi/src/designer$ uic -o main.h main.ui

Hey,

First off I ould highly recommend integrating Qt in Eclipse or alternatively MonkeyStudio or QDevelop (though I had some problems with them both). Secondly you should be able to build any Qt project by

qmake
make
./main

...as qmake is a product of Qt designed to create suitable make files. If you're in eclipse however, just press "run" :)

Link to Qt's site on Eclipse integration: http://trolltech.com/developer/downloads/qt/eclipse-integration-download

/Lau

magick.crow
February 2nd, 2009, 08:43 PM
sudo aptitude install libqt4-dev

if you type uic-qt4 at the command line it comes back and says that you must install this lib. I did and now view code work!

I guess that qt-designer has an unset dependency and someone should tell someone else to fix that.