PDA

View Full Version : Tired.

maniacmusician
March 23rd, 2007, 07:04 AM
I'm really tired. I want to sleep. But I can't.

Trying to work on a chemistry Lab Report. Can't focus. Tired.

Hard to string thoughts together.

This has been happening a lot lately. Insomnia?

Anyone else have trouble sleeping?

dbbolton
March 23rd, 2007, 07:07 AM
yes. eastern standard time.

maniacmusician
March 23rd, 2007, 07:08 AM
hey, me too. I think. That's the east coast of the US, right? or -5.00?

yabbadabbadont
March 23rd, 2007, 07:08 AM
I haven't been able to sleep more than three hours at a time this whole week. Maybe it's sympathy pains? :lol:

fuscia
March 23rd, 2007, 07:11 AM
do you get the golf channel? that should do it.

maniacmusician
March 23rd, 2007, 07:13 AM
pfft. I'm not walking all the way downstairs. Now, if I could get it here through my video card....

dbbolton
March 23rd, 2007, 07:14 AM
that, or a documentary about the golf channel that's on pbs.

yabbadabbadont
March 23rd, 2007, 07:15 AM
No, but I was surfing through the shopping channels and wandered across "Shop Erotic". Watching the semi-hot girls try to keep a straight face while describing their products was very entertaining.

floke
Just had a new baby 2 weeks ago.
Someone remind me what sleep is....

fuscia
pfft. I'm not walking all the way downstairs. Now, if I could get it here through my video card....

well, if you're going to be awake, you might well go for a personal best in mahjongg. let 3:04 be your target.

maniacmusician
March 23rd, 2007, 07:18 AM
well, if you're going to be awake, you might well go for a personal best in mahjongg. let 3:04 be your target.
I actually don't know how to play.

I'm good at tetris though.

yabbadabbadont
March 23rd, 2007, 07:22 AM
Just had a new baby 2 weeks ago.
Someone remind me what sleep is....

What is that old saying? "Ten minutes of joy, a lifetime of pain." Or maybe, "If you do the crime, you do the time."

dbbolton
March 23rd, 2007, 07:22 AM
did you ever see that episode of M*A*S*H where Hawkeye refused to go to sleep ?

manmower
March 23rd, 2007, 07:24 AM
Tired? Often, but it's usually my own fault for staying up late then getting up late etc., basically being out of sync with my environment. I tend to go in and out of sync at least twice a week. Also I seem to go through cycles of needing more/less sleep. Used to sleepwalk as a kid but now I have the exact opposite: "night hags" or sleep paralysis; can be fun when you get to know it and are no longer scared by it. I'm also almost narcoleptic in that when I'm tired I can and will sleep anywhere including at rock concerts and through earthquakes. Here's a nice site in case you just want to wash your head at someone: http://tired.com/

fuscia
March 23rd, 2007, 07:31 AM
night hags? let's hear more about that.

here's a tip i just made up: if you're having trouble sleeping, find something you really want to watch on TV. if you're tired, you'll fall asleep before it's over. if you don't fall asleep, at least you will have lost sleep over something.

maniacmusician
March 23rd, 2007, 07:35 AM
lol nice.

I'm glad to see that other people are suffering as well.

I can't really even think straight right now (feels oddly like smoking bad pot) so I'm going to try and do some work again. And go watch TV.

manmower
March 23rd, 2007, 07:52 AM
night hags? let's hear more about that.

Here's the basics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis. It is scary at first because of the hallucinations that accompany it, it's quite common to feel an "evil presence" hence the ancient term "night hag". That "presence" accompanied with the unability to sit up and look usually causes you to panic and wake up. Once you get over that you can just enjoy the weirdness of the whole experience. I've had practically all of these (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia) happen to me in some form.

maniacmusician
March 23rd, 2007, 08:06 AM
wow it just hit me like...snow, when it falls off your roof and hits you in the head while you're shoveling the driveway clean.

Around my 20th game of tetris, I started getting real sleepy, and then fell asleep in the middle of the game! I lost of course but now I'm ready to go to bed.

See ya around, fellow sufferers.

floke
March 23rd, 2007, 08:28 AM
What is that old saying? "Ten minutes of joy, a lifetime of pain." Or maybe, "If you do the crime, you do the time."

Were that it was ten minutes :)

floke
March 23rd, 2007, 08:28 AM
* double post - how did that happen? *

mips
March 23rd, 2007, 09:24 AM
National Geographic Documentary narrated by Sir David Attenborough works very well for, golf commentry as well.

Kujen
March 23rd, 2007, 10:07 AM
It's 5am here, does that answer your question?

Though I don't have to work until 5pm, so yeah...

xyz
March 23rd, 2007, 12:05 PM
I used to sleep VERY badly and VERY little up until about 18 months ago.
That when a friend had me meet "Barnabé", a man born in Cambodia but spent most of his younger life in Viet Nam. He then ended up in Switzerland...to make his life story short.

He learned various massage techniques from his Master in Viet Nam. I go to see him once a month; the massage lasts 30 to 45 minutes. I give whatever money I can give; sometimes I can't and that's OK. He says money problems are not compatible with healing.

No pills, no shrink-like attitudes, just a massage to stabalize our body energies and a welcome cup of tea.

For the past 12 months, I've been sleeping 6 to 7 hours IN A ROW every night. I hadn't experienced that in years. :)

mips
March 23rd, 2007, 12:39 PM
Maybe try another bed as well. About 3 weeks ago i slept on a Futon for the first time. Can't remember the last time I had such a deep sleep, when you wake up you are awake and don't feel like lying in or hitting the snooze button. Also did wonders for my back.

I need to find myself a Futon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futon

Sunshinelive
March 23rd, 2007, 12:52 PM
for me sleeping in a good ventilated room really helps. nice cool with fresh oxygen at your lips. 6-7 hours sleep then and i'm fresh again. also bed helps ofcourse dont think i would be just as rested if i would sleep on the ground :P

eXisor
March 23rd, 2007, 01:47 PM
for me sleeping in a good ventilated room really helps. nice cool with fresh oxygen at your lips. 6-7 hours sleep then and i'm fresh again. also bed helps ofcourse dont think i would be just as rested if i would sleep on the ground :P

Doesn't the oxygen tank get in the way?