PDA

View Full Version : Sabayon Linux 3.3 Screenshots

RAV TUX
March 22nd, 2007, 04:28 AM
I just booted to the live Sabayon Linux 3.3 DVD...

Sabayon just keeps getting better and better!!!

I am going to have dinner then install the new Sabayon Linux, first here are some screenshots:

Raffo
March 22nd, 2007, 11:15 AM
I don't like sabayon new theme. Too dark and far from kde default blue style (I like it a lot)... I don't like blue icons on a black monochromatic desktop....

rai4shu2
March 22nd, 2007, 10:51 PM
With my LCD monitor, their new logo is almost just a black circle. Maybe they should boost the contrast a bit?

mips
March 22nd, 2007, 11:24 PM
Or maybe they should design their art on monitors that have been calibrated for gamma/colour etc.

I also find it to dark and I refuse to adjust my display settings as they are spot on.

Cannonade
March 29th, 2007, 01:36 PM
I do like the Sabayon Linux colours. I am a big fan of dark, especially black. Most of my Windows themes are black or very dark.

I do think it's nicer than the Sabayon 3.2 all orange theme. Pity Sabayon's so unstable!

igknighted
March 29th, 2007, 04:18 PM
I do like the Sabayon Linux colours. I am a big fan of dark, especially black. Most of my Windows themes are black or very dark.

I do think it's nicer than the Sabayon 3.2 all orange theme. Pity Sabayon's so unstable!

Unstable? What kind of stability issues are you having? Have you emerged a lot of stuff? While I have had speed issues with the DVD, I haven't run into any real stability issues yet. Maybe its something we could help with fixing?

kevinf311
March 30th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Here are a couple screenshots of my Sabayon 3.3 install.

I made great strides to make it look as much like my old Edgy installation as possible. I really only wanted Beryl to work again :rolleyes:

Emerald theme is Oxygen
DE is Gnome
Icons are Amaranth
Controls are Human Graphite
Skydome is of some stormy clouds

I'm still getting that weird second cube draw issue that you can probably see from one of the screenshots.

GhOstRiDerSiX
April 9th, 2007, 09:43 AM
The new theme is wonderful!!!
I think sabayon is only a live-distro, not an install-distro :)

bigee1212
April 9th, 2007, 03:59 PM
you are mis-informed.
sabayon can be installed. I don't know why anyone would install the dvd version considering it takes massive amounts of space, but pleny of people have installed the mini edition to the hard drive

GhOstRiDerSiX
April 9th, 2007, 05:39 PM
yes, but for desktop install gentoo is better :)