PDA

View Full Version : It comes with a great privilege to write this post as a fellow staff member

RAV TUX
March 21st, 2007, 12:45 AM
I have been thinking all day about the recent controversy concerning my volunteering, my time as a Staff member:

I have volunteered countless hours helping out here by eliminated SPAM, moderate threads, moving threads, merging threads, etc. primarily I have moderated the "Other OS forum" and the "Cafe"....thus my activity has been mostly seen there.

On a larger scale I have been mostly concerned with what is best for ubuntuforums.org, I wanted to assure that whatever decision the FC made I would support 100% and stand behind that decision 100%.

Regrettably there is only one final solution; I must step down as a volunteer moderator...I am stepping down on my own accord for the greater good of the community and the integrity of the staff. I will mostly miss moderating where I am most active in: the "Other OS Forum" and "The Cafe"...I wish I could stay on and micro-mod these two forums, but I know this opportunity does not exist.

I value all the friendships I have made here with my fellow staff and hope these friendships will continue.

I have only every had the best intent for ubuntuforums.org in mind and always will.

I have volunteered countless hours here working to help the forums overall, and my wife misses me and I miss her...time to make up for precious lost time with the one I love the most.
(she is overjoyed to see me make a commitment to spend more time with her by stepping down).

I do hope that I can stay on as a valuable and trusted member of ubuntuforums.org and look forward to contributing to the greater good of the community as I always have.

I must personally Thank; Ryan, Mike, and John for their wonderful opportunity to volunteer my time and serve the ubuntuforums.org community. Thank you to all the other staff for a wonderful team spirit I have yet to find elsewhere. It has been an honor to serve as a fellow staff member.

my deepest heartfelt regards,
Jozef

tseliot
March 21st, 2007, 09:31 PM
I have volunteered countless hours here working to help the forums overall, and my wife misses me and I miss her...time to make up for precious lost time with the one I love the most.
(she is overjoyed to see me make a commitment to spend more time with her by stepping down).

I guess she needs you more than we do ;)

I will miss you as a mod and I wish you good luck with your family.

Regards

Alberto

RAV TUX
March 22nd, 2007, 09:18 AM
I guess she needs you more than we do ;)

I will miss you as a mod and I wish you good luck with your family.

Regards

AlbertoThanks Alberto. I greatly appreciate it and welcome your kind and welcoming words.

MattSMiddleton
March 25th, 2007, 04:50 AM
I must say that I am sad to see you go, you have been the best moderator that I have ever had on this, the best community I've ever been a part of, you have always be overly nice and helpful, but I do respect stepping down to spend more time with your family. May God Bless you and yours.

Matthew

RAV TUX
March 25th, 2007, 05:05 AM
I must say that I am sad to see you go, you have been the best moderator that I have ever had on this, the best community I've ever been a part of, you have always be overly nice and helpful, but I do respect stepping down to spend more time with your family. May God Bless you and yours.

MatthewThank you Matthew I greatly appreciate your kind words

Jozef

FyreBrand
March 25th, 2007, 05:14 AM
RAV please keep posting your fun threads. It's fun to help people, but it's also a lot of fun to talk about Beryl skydomes, IP sloganizers, Ubuntu translations and the myriad of other topics that make up the community. You're good at that. There's more to life than configuring xorg.conf.

You were a really good moderator. Thanks for all the dedication and hard work.

RAV TUX
March 25th, 2007, 06:27 AM
RAV please keep posting your fun threads. It's fun to help people, but it's also a lot of fun to talk about Beryl skydomes, IP sloganizers, Ubuntu translations and the myriad of other topics that make up the community. You're good at that. There's more to life than configuring xorg.conf.

You were a really good moderator. Thanks for all the dedication and hard work.

FyreBrand Thank you it is members here like you that keep me here:)

MaximB
March 25th, 2007, 10:12 PM
I really do not know what to say about your announcement except for good luck with your life and I know that you won't make us miss you as you always be in this forum if not as a moderator then as a contributor.
so I won't say "bye",no, not yet.
instead I will say "see you around" ;).

FuturePilot
March 25th, 2007, 10:47 PM
I really do not know what to say about your announcement except for good luck with your life and I know that you won't make us miss you as you always be in this forum if not as a moderator then as a contributor.
Couldn't have said it better myself;-)

RAV TUX
March 25th, 2007, 10:51 PM

Thanks Max....and cool Avatar btw

Couldn't have said it better myself;-)

Thanks FuturePilot.

Frak
March 25th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Heh, I never thought of you as a Moderator, but more of a suggestor, you always made the threads better with your alternative solutions. Sad to see you go.

Dual Cortex
March 25th, 2007, 11:53 PM
I just came back to the Ubuntu forums to see you go?
I always thought of you as the mods of the mods, because of the little penguin with the guru-looking beard. Well, RAV, I'll miss you and your modding :(.

RAV TUX
March 26th, 2007, 01:47 AM
Heh, I never thought of you as a Moderator, but more of a suggestor, you always made the threads better with your alternative solutions. Sad to see you go.

Frak yeah basically nothing has changed except I no longer work for free...still here suggesting things

I just came back to the Ubuntu forums to see you go?
I always thought of you as the mods of the mods, because of the little penguin with the guru-looking beard. Well, RAV, I'll miss you and your modding :(.

Dual Cortex I am still here as member of the tribe....:)

the.dark.lord
May 11th, 2007, 05:05 PM
First, my apologizes for posting so late. I've been busy.

I'm sorry to see you to step down as a mod, you were legend here. You work is most appreciated. Will really miss your modding.

Enjoy your time!!!!!! And see you around ;)

rajeev1204
May 11th, 2007, 07:53 PM
So if everyone thinks RAV TUX is good then why did he step down ?

Was it FC decision or his own ?

I read somewhere that some one person complained and he was asked to step down .

Is that true ?

ubuntu-geek
May 11th, 2007, 08:19 PM
So if everyone thinks RAV TUX is good then why did he step down ?

Was it FC decision or his own ?

I read somewhere that some one person complained and he was asked to step down .

Is that true ?
There is no point in discussing this topic further, what happened has happened months ago. RAV TUX, is a good person there is no need to digg up old wounds.