PDA

View Full Version : new google home page themes

mykalreborn
March 20th, 2007, 08:02 AM
http://www.google.com/ig
i have to say i'm pretty excited about this. the other day i was thinking , why won't google make their websites prettier - i understand that's the google theme, but still. but now they have. you get to choose from 5 or 6 themes and they change acording to your location and time of the day.
i added a screenshot to show off my home page. :D

Kujen
March 20th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Nice. Thanks for letting me know. :) Interesting that it changes with the time of day.

mykalreborn
March 20th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Nice. Thanks for letting me know. Interesting that it changes with the time of day.

well... i'm not sure my location actually works - i live in romania. i think it was mostly designed for the us, but who knows

floke
March 20th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Nice one, thanks for the heads up!

karellen
March 20th, 2007, 09:13 AM
well... i'm not sure my location actually works - i live in romania. i think it was mostly designed for the us, but who knows

me too, but I'll give it a try. anyway I like the old default simple google.com page :D

nsleiman
March 20th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Its great thanks for telling us.

guitarmaniac
March 20th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Hmmm, well I'm from Australia and I cant theme my google home page at all? Maybe it IS just for Romania.

haricharan
March 20th, 2007, 09:55 AM
i guess its they are just updating it ...it works for me too...here's mine...

steven8
March 20th, 2007, 10:11 AM
I set mine to the tea room theme, put in my zip code, and it updated to night time. Very cool!

Spr0k3t
March 20th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Yum! New stuffs from Google! I'm glad to see they have taken some of the suggestions given to them by their groups.

adam.tropics
March 20th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Hmmm, well I'm from Australia and I cant theme my google home page at all? Maybe it IS just for Romania.

Just go to http://www.google.com/ig <--note the lack of '.au'. You will still be able to login as your gmail id, and you will have a themeable personalised page. You can still get the Aussie news and stuff. However there aren't many themes up there yet.

guitarmaniac
March 20th, 2007, 11:48 AM
thats exactly what i did :confused: nothing different, no .au or anything, just plain google home...

adam.tropics
March 20th, 2007, 11:51 AM
thats exactly what i did :confused: nothing different, no .au or anything, just plain google home...

Oh! Well the only other thing I can think of is that I was already logged in to .com.au so when I got to .com/ig l already showed as logged in, just with the extra option on the front page. Sorry.

mykalreborn
March 20th, 2007, 12:04 PM
@guitarmaniac:
maybe it's just for registered users you know. not for the others. although i might be wrong

guitarmaniac
March 20th, 2007, 12:22 PM
@adam.tropics
Are you in Australia?

Oh! Well the only other thing I can think of is that I was already logged in to .com.au so when I got to .com/ig l already showed as logged in, just with the extra option on the front page. Sorry.
tried going to google.com and google.com.au and going to Personalized Home and logging in and out of my google account.
Just doesnt seem to work for me. Oh well, not to worried, its no biggie.

guitarmaniac
March 20th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Hey!
maybe googles been updated in the past 5 minutes, cause the themeing options are there now!
(Working in google.com, not google.com.au)
Very nice, would be better if there were a few more to pick from.

adam.tropics
March 20th, 2007, 12:33 PM
@adam.tropics
Are you in Australia?

Naturally....there's nowhere else worth being!!

Glad it's working for you.