PDA

View Full Version : Technewsworld: Linux Union

nocturn
June 2nd, 2005, 10:11 AM
http://www.technewsworld.com/story/commentary/43413.html

Technews world is running a FUD story about Linux being a union "The Most Powerful Labor Union in the World: Linux?".

This guy is making companies like SCO and MS seem like victims. The same for the Maureen O'Gara debacle.

*sigh*, people just don't understand.

I do however see a trend in the media to discredit the Free Software movement as a group of hacker/crackers that are a threat to public safety. Very disturbing.

nocturn
June 2nd, 2005, 10:12 AM
The summary:

This is power that Microsoft, Oracle, IBM and many governments could only dream of having. The power to control the press and the skills contained in this organization are likely capable of disrupting travel, power grids and other broad national infrastructure systems if their demands are not met.

Knome_fan
June 2nd, 2005, 10:26 AM
echo $FUD_Rob_Enderle_wrote_on_his_Ferrari_laptop > /dev/null

nobodysbusiness
June 2nd, 2005, 12:52 PM
He doesn't quite have his tech lingo down either. Linux is an OS, not a labour union. Besides, us Linux supporters would never all band together in a union. There would be too much argument over whether Linux is called Linux or GNU/Linux. :)

Optimal Aurora
June 2nd, 2005, 01:48 PM
Together linux would be even stronger than it currently is.:D Separated into different distros like it is, it is really weak right now ](*,), compared to what it could be that is... So I would support a linux union to a degree... :neutral:

Dylanby
June 2nd, 2005, 04:12 PM
What do you expect from Rob Enderle?

shakin
June 2nd, 2005, 04:57 PM
Together linux would be even stronger than it currently is.:D Separated into different distros like it is, it is really weak right now ](*,), compared to what it could be that is... So I would support a linux union to a degree... :neutral:

He's talking about a labor union, saying that if the Linux community doesn't get its way we'll take down national infrastructure and put companies out of business until everybody caves in to our demands.

somuchfortheafter
June 2nd, 2005, 05:31 PM
hmm if we really have that power i vote on starting to enforce it now lol, first off apple you are now the new microsoft *meaning everyone uses your stuff and all*, microsoft you are hereby reduced to making an office suite and a game console and occasionally a development toolkit. gnu/linux you now run the server market.... yea i know thats a lil harsh and demanding but its the way the world should be imo lol. but seriously linux isnt even an os, its a kernel....

vega44
June 2nd, 2005, 05:37 PM
what the hell. why don't you people fight back? you are leting these stupid people beat the crap out of linux. if this keeps up im sure they will have linux banned form the usa.

somuchfortheafter
June 2nd, 2005, 06:21 PM
hmm, do you have any idea how unlikely this is, its just one news story, hell for everyone of these there are 40,000 ones of m$ bad press.... just chill linux has done fine without the need of panic attacks or evangelican nutcasses *no im not reffering the the Christianity evangelicals just the term is all* .....

nocturn
June 3rd, 2005, 07:33 AM
what the hell. why don't you people fight back? you are leting these stupid people beat the crap out of linux. if this keeps up im sure they will have linux banned form the usa.

No, just let him. This is an opinion piece, so he can pretty much say whatever he likes.
The big difference with the Maureen O'Gara articles is that someone (PJ) actually got hurt by them, so the communitu's outrage was justified (I'm not talking about alleged DoS attacks).

What is disturbing is that he is trying to sell claims as facts. There is no 'proof' for example that SCO's site was ever attacked, and even if it was, that it were Linux people doing it.