PDA

View Full Version : Cheking the status of your CDs

Classic_gamer
June 2nd, 2005, 09:40 AM
I've searched the forum, but one question is still left unanswered...

From the FAQ:

You can check to see if your request has been sent to the factory by logging into Shipit.

I login to Shipit too check, and there is nothing telling me that my order has reached the factory or that it hasn't. It just shows my name, address, etc and how many CDs I want to order.

So I just want to ask if that means my order hasn't reached the factory or is shipit just not going to tell me?

pdk001
June 2nd, 2005, 10:05 AM
i haven't received mine yet..i think i did something wrong to order

SarekOfVulcan
June 6th, 2005, 08:21 PM
I've searched the forum, but one question is still left unanswered...

I login to Shipit to check, and there is nothing telling me that my order has reached the factory or that it hasn't. It just shows my name, address, etc and how many CDs I want to order.

So I just want to ask if that means my order hasn't reached the factory or is shipit just not going to tell me?

I'm having this same issue.

ioliver
June 8th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Same here.

I can log into shipit, it has my correct address and order, it says they will ship them to me, but they never ship!

How can we progress this? Raise in a support forum?

Ian

papangul
June 9th, 2005, 03:29 PM
I had submitted request in JAN. Still not received it, neither the shipit tells me if the order has been sent to factory or not.

earther
June 12th, 2005, 01:54 AM
Ditto. I ordered a CD for the first time months ago and nothing yet. This is very frustrating as I want to see Ubuntu in action. My order information is correct so what's holding it up? Waiting, waiting . . . .

CoriolisSTORM
June 12th, 2005, 02:20 AM
This is kind of on the same note, so I'll ask it here. If you ordered some Ubuntu CDs in the past, will they send you a new set everytime a new version is released? I'm using Warty, but I can't upgrade to Hoary on the 'net because its less than a 56k connection. So, am I still on Canonical's mailing list for the disks, or do I need to request some again? I'm in the US if it means anything.

poofyhairguy
June 12th, 2005, 04:21 AM
This is kind of on the same note, so I'll ask it here. If you ordered some Ubuntu CDs in the past, will they send you a new set everytime a new version is released?

No. If you actually live in the US:

http://www.osdisc.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi/products/linux/ubuntu

You will get much quicker.

papangul
June 16th, 2005, 06:40 PM
I had submitted request in JAN. Still not received it, neither the shipit tells me if the order has been sent to factory or not.
Well, i could see the "CD-mailing History" item in my account for the first time today in the last 6-months. I hope it's worth the wait.
Thanks to the shipit team for mailing the CDs and the website administrator for including the status info in the accounts.

Ride Jib
June 16th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Date Quantity Sent
2005-05-26 00:00:00.00 10

Today is 2005-06-16 and I still haven't received my disks. What is the typical wait time once they are shipped to reach the US? Has anyone in the states actually received their cd's?

christooss
June 16th, 2005, 07:30 PM
I ordered them the very first day that ordering hoary was an option. But I still havent got them. TWO months

andrewpmk
June 17th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Date Quantity Sent
2005-05-26 00:00:00.00 10

Today is 2005-06-16 and I still haven't received my disks. What is the typical wait time once they are shipped to reach the US? Has anyone in the states actually received their cd's?

I got my discs today, June 16, 2005, in Canada. Thank you.

SparkyDawg
June 17th, 2005, 01:20 AM
Hurrah, mine came today also in Connecticut, United States.

dmb
June 18th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Hmm, i'm not seeing this order history thing. Where is it, can somone post a screenshot?

pdk001
June 19th, 2005, 02:00 AM
order ubuntu CD's here http://shipit.ubuntulinux.org/
and i've got mine 2 days ago, i took some of mine http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=218085#post218085

DavidF
June 19th, 2005, 03:54 AM
Good, I am also in the 5/26 batch, in Washington State, and eager to get my hands on my CDs. :)

knathraak
June 20th, 2005, 06:17 PM
I know I updated my order a long time ago, either shortly before or shortly after the release of hoary, and I still haven't received mine. I wish they were available for purchase in the ubuntu Cafepress shop. I don't know why they're not except that it might be inconsistent with Ubuntu's "always free" mantra. But personally I'd rather pay a nominal charge and get them in a few days, than get them for free half-way through the release cycle. If that is the reason, I don't think making them available for purchase is a problem as long as they continue to be available for free.

earther
June 21st, 2005, 04:22 PM
Has anyone in the states actually received their cd's?
Finally got my disks yesterday, June 21 (Texas). YEA! Should have time today to give it a whirl.

oddabe19
June 21st, 2005, 04:34 PM
I don't understand why you complain about not getting them.

1. They have thousands to make... remember that
2. THEY'RE FREE.

please, it just bothers me (and probably the developers) when people complain about not getting their free things on time.

And with that note, i don't believe i have not gotten mine yet. I had them shipped to a friends house (since things have a habit of walking away from my apartment building), and they moved out for the summer.... so i'm not sure if they're there or not. (Pennsylvania).

knathraak
June 22nd, 2005, 02:29 AM
I don't understand why you complain about not getting them.

1. They have thousands to make... remember that
2. THEY'RE FREE.

please, it just bothers me (and probably the developers) when people complain about not getting their free things on time.

I think we all understand that. Not sure whose post you're taking as a complaint, but if it was mine, I apologize, and I didn't mean it that way. All the posts I read seem more along the lines of "I sure can't wait 'til they get here" and don't seem too bent out of shape. As for mine, I was simply observing that it would be nice if we could buy official copies at the ubuntu Cafepress shop (I mean they've got everything else, even women's underwear!). Of course places like linuxcd.org are always an option, but official pressed copies for purchase would be nice. I know I personally can't wait to start handing out shiny new copies to my friends (who might not otherwise go to the trouble of downloading it). Also professional-looking copies help people to get over that "free stuff is crap" hump.

Just to be clear, I'm grateful they're available for free, and certainly will take what I can get, just anxious as everyone else to get 'em that's all.

papangul
June 28th, 2005, 05:22 PM
I received my CDs today, in India, one months and two days from the shipping date. \\:D/
Many thanks and regards to the shipit team, Canonical Ltd and everybody else associated with Ubuntu and shipit. :)

N'Jal
June 28th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Hmm my date reads

2005-01-01

The first of jan 05, now how is this possible? Since i reordered after breezy came out