PDA

View Full Version : Trying to install Anjuta

koolkris
March 18th, 2007, 07:36 PM
I've read a lot of posts on this forum looking for the best C++ IDE and a name that pops up a lot is Anjuta. I downloaded the current version of Anjuta, but I cannot get it to install. When I type ./configure it gets as far as to the point where it looks for GTL and errors out. This is what it tells me:

checking for GLIB... configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.8.0) were not met:
Requested 'glib-2.0 >= 2.8.0' but version of GLib is 2.6.0
What am I doing wrong and how can I get this installed. Alternatively, apart from Anjuta, what is a good C++ IDE?

K

Kalixa
March 18th, 2007, 08:27 PM
I've read a lot of posts on this forum looking for the best C++ IDE and a name that pops up a lot is Anjuta. I downloaded the current version of Anjuta, but I cannot get it to install. When I type ./configure it gets as far as to the point where it looks for GTL and errors out. This is what it tells me:

checking for GLIB... configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.8.0) were not met:
Requested 'glib-2.0 >= 2.8.0' but version of GLib is 2.6.0
What am I doing wrong and how can I get this installed. Alternatively, apart from Anjuta, what is a good C++ IDE?

K

You can find it in the repos. Unless the version in the repos doesn't suit your needs.