PDA

View Full Version : Help! Ubuntu has swallowed my life!

Goliath!
March 18th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Is there a 12-step program for Ubuntu yet? My name is John, and I am addicted to Ubuntu.

I absolutely love it! It's stable, it works, and there is so much COOL STUFF available.

But my wife and kids are getting lonely. My boss wants me to do my so-called "job." My skin is getting pale and I haven't bathed in days.

Anyone else have this problem?

byen
March 18th, 2007, 05:41 PM
hussh! The first thing you need to do is step away from the computer, close your eyes, relax and come to the realization that there is no turning back. Welcome to the Club my friend :D

beercz
Yep - I have exactly the same symptoms!!

Is there rehab available? Think we're gonna need it!! :shock:

Frenzy-br
Hi my name is Dany, and i am addicted to Ubuntu

i havent been to class in a about a week, i sleep about 2 hours a night, dont even start me on the color of my screen, and since my bed is inserted directly under my computer table and i use my pc lying/sittig on my bed on a large been bag.. i dont get up unless i have to go to the bathroom...

floke
March 18th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Well, I tried sudo apt-get install ubuntuaddictioncure but there was no such thing.
Anyway, since Ubuntu doesn't have it, I figure it isn't worth having :)

PS: Frenzy, what's the colour of your screen?

rolando2424
March 18th, 2007, 06:26 PM
sudo apt-get install Life

Error: Life not found!

RAV TUX
March 18th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Is there a 12-step program for Ubuntu yet? My name is John, and I am addicted to Ubuntu.

I absolutely love it! It's stable, it works, and there is so much COOL STUFF available.

But my wife and kids are getting lonely. My boss wants me to do my so-called "job." My skin is getting pale and I haven't bathed in days.

Anyone else have this problem?you need:
Online Break-Timer from Jon Aquino's Mental Garden (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=387078)

SunnyRabbiera
March 18th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Ubuntu hasnt swallowed my life, linux has...

wilberfan
March 18th, 2007, 07:38 PM
[ hangs head in shame ]

Yes, I'm an addict, too...

I've now got 2 boxes with the following installed:

Box 1 - AMD64x2 : XP 32-bit | Ubuntu Edgy 32bit gnome/kde | Ubuntu Feisty 64-bit gnome | openSuSE 10.2 64-bit kde

Box 2 - DELL Dimiension 8200 (Pentium 4) : XP | Ubuntu Edgy 32-bit gnome

(I've gotta keep a printout of my partitions (20?! at last count) just to keep this stuff straight!!)

montgoej
March 18th, 2007, 08:32 PM
I make myself get up...try workrave, that'll at least make it so you can't use the computer for a few minutes.
~Jordan Montgomery

cezdeville
March 18th, 2007, 10:29 PM
hi, my name is Bartek and i'm addicted to Ubuntu too...

FuturePilot
March 18th, 2007, 10:35 PM
I think I'm addicted too.
I've tried

sudo apt-get install life
E: No candidate for life
Maybe I need to add a repo
:o :lolflag:

Lord Illidan
March 18th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Hmm...

Let me tell Ubuntu Geek to start Ubuntu Addicts Anonymous.

m.musashi
March 19th, 2007, 06:03 AM
Yes, add me to the list. I'm also adicted to the forums but it's a cool place to hang out. Someone needs to figure out how to add a tap though. Hey, beer me.

SishGupta
March 19th, 2007, 06:25 AM
I am addicted because ubuntu (linux) satisfies my need to fiddle with technical things. Its just so much fun to make problems and solve them. I purposely try to screw **** up on my system. Problems are just so fun and often easy to fix.

Frenzy-br
March 19th, 2007, 06:43 AM
I think I'm addicted too.
I've tried

sudo apt-get install life
E: No candidate for life
Maybe I need to add a repo
:o :lolflag:
try

Sudo apt-get remover linux-geek-virus

if taht doesnt work just ebrace it...

xyz