PDA

View Full Version : Team Ohio Stickers?

netboy541
March 18th, 2007, 03:58 PM
I just got a brilliant idea...

Have any of you thought about maybe putting together some stickers for team ohio?

I primarily use laptops, and have no problems with putting stickers on my laptop provided they aren't dumb. :P

Any thoughts, or has this already been done?

lyceum
March 18th, 2007, 05:04 PM
I'd rather see something more along the lines of bumper stickers. Like "ask me about Ubuntu" or something. scroll down here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=355960) 'til you see my post (I do not know how to just link mine). I could do something like that, if you like it. For my computers, I just use "Powered by Ubuntu" stickers personally. Though I do have a giant Ubuntu logo on my laptop.

jpeddicord
March 18th, 2007, 05:08 PM
I'd image we could come up with some shipit-style stickers. Something to the effect of the current Ubuntu sticker with the Ohio flag below it and a tagline would work.

There are sticker printing services out there, and if you use sticker paper to print on that might also work.

netboy541
March 18th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Yah, I just plugged one of those into my blog. :)

I think they look good. I'm all about dark colors, bright, obnoxious colors irritate my eyes. :)

Bumper stickers are good, but I am anti-stick-stuff-on-my-car. Laptop, I don't mind....

Plus I have a brand new Scion xB, and would feel like I was violating the box if I put stickers on it.

:lolflag:

lyceum
March 18th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Yah, I just plugged one of those into my blog. :)

I think they look good. I'm all about dark colors, bright, obnoxious colors irritate my eyes. :)

Bumper stickers are good, but I am anti-stick-stuff-on-my-car. Laptop, I don't mind....

Plus I have a brand new Scion xB, and would feel like I was violating the box if I put stickers on it.

:lolflag:

Just checked out you blog, I am happy to see my hard work put to good use :)

netboy541
March 18th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Just checked out you blog, I am happy to see my hard work put to good use :)

:: tips hat ::

Why thank you sir.

Lots of content on that site...

I plan on putting pictures up of the 8 foot HP rack my friend and I are building that will have a 2.2tb raid array, a stack of IBM eservers, and a DL380 as the controller for the raid array, all running xubuntu.

It should be hot. :)

We plan on painting the side of the racks with the xubuntu logo...

PWill
March 18th, 2007, 07:06 PM
netboy541, why don't you come and talk on IRC?
Join irc.freenode.net channel #ubuntu-ohio
Much easier to talk than on the forums.

netboy541
March 18th, 2007, 07:46 PM
netboy541, why don't you come and talk on IRC?
Join irc.freenode.net channel #ubuntu-ohio
Much easier to talk than on the forums.

can't... i'm at work, and IRC is blocked. :(

I'll start bringing my laptop tho, and be on on sundays and stuff.

I am jumping in this thing head first... i just recruited my friend gabrielle who works here to join... she's gonna install kubuntu edgy on her desktop tonight. she's been dual booting with 2k for a while, and is taking the full plunge!

YAAY!

StickyRiceBandit
April 7th, 2007, 07:38 PM
my friend owns a vinyl sticker cutting machine, maybe she can hook us up if you guys are interested.

psyberpnk
April 10th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Yeah, team stickers would be a cool.

netboy541
April 29th, 2007, 09:11 PM
my buddy and I both are getting irritated with having to send a SASE to colorado to get our stickers, and therefore, we want to make a run of kubuntu and ubuntu stickers.

We got the graphics, now we are just trying to figure out how many to get...

of course, as we come up with more ideas, i'll post them here.
I haven't been too active in IRC lately, as i've been swamped, but you know how that goes...

let me know if you guys want some, and how many. I'll add them all up and we will figure how big of a run we will do.

donations are certainly welcome to help offset the cost, as more than likely him and i are going to foot the bill. :(

PM me and i'll send you my paypal or mail address to send a check or something.

lyceum
April 29th, 2007, 10:11 PM
my buddy and I both are getting irritated with having to send a SASE to colorado to get our stickers, and therefore, we want to make a run of kubuntu and ubuntu stickers.

We got the graphics, now we are just trying to figure out how many to get...

of course, as we come up with more ideas, i'll post them here.
I haven't been too active in IRC lately, as i've been swamped, but you know how that goes...

let me know if you guys want some, and how many. I'll add them all up and we will figure how big of a run we will do.

donations are certainly welcome to help offset the cost, as more than likely him and i are going to foot the bill. :(

PM me and i'll send you my paypal or mail address to send a check or something.

I just bought 100 stickers, so I am good, but will need some more at some point, do you have a picture of what they look like?

markyb86
November 14th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Anyone still trying to get some stickers going ? And how would i go about contacting someone for any? Im very interested in some ubuntu/kubuntu stickers to get the word out :-)

Cybergod
November 22nd, 2007, 01:36 AM
I just bought 100 stickers, so I am good, but will need some more at some point, do you have a picture of what they look like?

Where did you buy them from? I have been trying to find a roll to buy and every time I email someone to find out, they don't reply.

JeTDoG
December 6th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Not directly on topic, but probably the best place to insert this information, has anyone seen this tidbit on nixCraft (http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/humor-windows-vista-incapable-stickers.html)? I'm currently having the graphic artist in my office print up a couple (an OSX for him, since he's a Mac guy, and an Ubuntu for me), and I'm seriously researching custom case badge manufacturers to do a small run. Perhaps this could be used as a fund raiser?

Oh, and since this is my first post here, ):P from sunny, but cold, Cleveland!

cement_head
December 9th, 2007, 05:21 PM
http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/2241/ubuntuohiologobumperbz4.th.png (http://img465.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ubuntuohiologobumperbz4.png)

Hey Guys/Gals,

How about something like this?

- CH

lyceum
December 9th, 2007, 06:01 PM
cybergod - I got the stickers from Jenda.

cement_head - that looks very cool!

cement_head
December 9th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Okay, where can I find a hi-res version of the flag and what dpi and format should this be in?

Do we want other information on the sticker?

cement_head
December 9th, 2007, 10:35 PM
cybergod - I got the stickers from Jenda.

cement_head - that looks very cool!

Thanks -- where did Jenda get them made, or is Jenda the maker?

lyceum
December 10th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Thanks -- where did Jenda get them made, or is Jenda the maker?

He had them made, but he is in Europe. I am sure you would want something close to home ;) The ones I got from him were just like the "designed for XP" you see on PCs. I would call around to some local print shops. Also, you may want to add the web address.

_Phineas_
February 1st, 2008, 12:19 AM
Stickers,flags,and banners would be nice. A great way to advertise it would be bumper stickers . If we do get them ill order a bunch!=D>

lyceum
February 23rd, 2008, 09:45 PM
Anyone is more than welcome to use my designs to stickers or whatever.

http://freud.franklin.edu/ferrim01/ULoCoOh1.jpg

here's a smaller one:

http://freud.franklin.edu/ferrim01/ULoCoOhSm1.jpg

And another:

http://freud.franklin.edu/ferrim01/ULoCoFl.jpg

http://freud.franklin.edu/ferrim01/ULoCoFlSm.jpg

Just ask if you need a bigger copy/better resolution.

tnseditor
February 25th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Lyceum, those banners look really great. I may use them on my website or something when I get around to it. :)

lyceum
February 25th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Lyceum, those banners look really great. I may use them on my website or something when I get around to it. :)

Cool, thanks!

woollyrancher
February 27th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Great Idea on the sticker. thanks for creating it.
Michael