PDA

View Full Version : googleplex icons`

daz4126
March 17th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Hi everybody,

I have posted this already in the Art and Design section, but realised that not everybody would read that forum and I'm really looking for feedback from everybody and not just 'arty types'. Sorry for the double posting.

I have been creating some icons recently that I have decided to call 'googleplex'. I originally started out to design some gtk icons that would integrate nicely with the ifox firefox theme. I then started to think what a 'google os' icon set might look like and borrowed their use of primary colours. My progres so far can be seen in the attached image.

I just wanted some feedback on whether I should carry on with this and maybe release the icons as a them on gnome-look or even look at it being a firefox theme.

The name comes from the number that is even bigger than a googol (but with the same mispelling carried forward).

thanks,

DAZ

banjobacon
March 17th, 2007, 10:57 PM
The yellow icons are hard to see.

BuffaloX
March 18th, 2007, 12:13 AM
I like them, they are nice and simple.
Especially home and printer are good.
As earlier mentioned, the yellow ones are all too hard to see.
The number 6 (left to right, big blue one), I don't know what is for, probably just me being ignorant.

maniacmusician
March 18th, 2007, 12:18 AM
not bad. sure, go ahead and keep working on them.

daz4126
March 18th, 2007, 09:50 AM
@banjobacon:
Thanks for the feedback - I'm working on trying to make the yellow more readable.

@BuffaloX:
Thanks for the kind words. The number 6 icon is a computer - used for the 'computer' icon in the nautilus view.

@maniacmusician:
Thanks also. I will keep working on them.

DAZ

Pikestaff
March 18th, 2007, 03:54 PM
I like them a lot... I agree that the yellow is kind of hard to see. But otherwise they look really good. They're fun and simple at the same time. I think I'd probably use it if you made it a Firefox theme

daz4126
March 18th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the support. I will carry on with them and look at making a firefox theme.

DAZ