PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Ubuntu.org new web page?

fernando_lopes_jr
March 16th, 2007, 07:04 PM
I just noticed that there was been a remake of the www.ubuntu.com page and the forum I think it looks great seams easier to navigate. I have to say I normally don’t like when web pages are remade but this one seams to be a change for the better.
What do you guys think? Keep up the good work.

karellen
March 16th, 2007, 07:11 PM
I like it....though the old version was pretty clear and easy to navigate

Sunflower1970
March 16th, 2007, 07:27 PM
I like it. I like that the links to download are easier to find, the whole thing seems easier (to me at least) to navigate around, and the forum feels more like a part of the site than it did before.

I only hope the other Ubuntu flavors all go to this design as well.

Quillz
March 16th, 2007, 07:32 PM
It looks pretty good.

motang
March 17th, 2007, 03:24 AM
I think it looks aweasome. The whole desing looks professional. Great job. :-D

ubuntu27
March 18th, 2007, 01:08 AM
I just noticed that there was been a remake of the www.ubuntu.com page and the forum I think it looks great seams easier to navigate. I have to say I normally don’t like when web pages are remade but this one seams to be a change for the better.
What do you guys think? Keep up the good work.

Yeah, I like the new design of Ubuntu.com

It is pleasant to the eyes and it seems to be easy to navigate.

PS to Mods: Better change the title of this thread from Ubuntu.org to ubuntu.com

fernando_lopes_jr
March 18th, 2007, 06:18 AM
Quote:

PS to Mods: Better change the title of this thread from Ubuntu.org to ubuntu.com

Your right ubuntu27 but I'am a bit of a noob with forums I don't know how to edit the poll and thread name :s

delfick
March 18th, 2007, 08:16 AM
so that explains the border on the forums...

hmm, i like it, but i hate the border....o well :D

kopilo
March 18th, 2007, 08:46 AM
I liked how the old page had a definition of ubuntu. Also as lovely as it is to see someone at a microphone, I still prefered the people linking together... This design draws the users eyes to the edge of the webpage and down, whilst this does attract the user´s eyes to the content, I still prefer webpages in which the first page does not require any scrolling..

I´d also move the navigation and search to under the yellow link about ubuntu 6.10, as eyes tend to be drawn away from the top (due to the gradient background) and onto the picture of the guy and yellow.

Also... non graphical rounded boxes > graphical rounded boxes..

However the use of CSS dropdown lists/links is a very good move and rather impressive.

daz4126
March 18th, 2007, 01:22 PM
How do you get non graphical rounded boxes without using CSS3?

I agree about the definition of Ubuntu, bring it back!

DAZ

Kobalt
March 18th, 2007, 01:54 PM
The new design is great, and it's particularly a good idea to have a little bit harmonized the forum and some support pages with that new design...
It does make Ubuntu look more professional and serious (may I say cool as well).

PartisanEntity
March 18th, 2007, 03:01 PM
There used to be a tab for the wiki in the header of the forum. This was very useful and allowed quick access directly to the wiki, can we please have a direct link to the wiki again?

kopilo
March 19th, 2007, 01:51 PM
How do you get non graphical rounded boxes without using CSS3?

I agree about the definition of Ubuntu, bring it back!

DAZ

There are various methods, some involve javascript but such as the rounded boxes on the forums, I'm not sure how they are done.