PDA

View Full Version : Hardware Team Leader Position - Open

ubuntu-geek
March 14th, 2007, 04:35 PM
We are looking for someone to head up the Hardware team. We are looking for qualified individuals who are very active on the forums and who contribute daily to the technical side of the forums. This position is a 1year team, that is renewable.

If you are interested in leading this team please reply to this thread and answer the following questions. A decision will be made at the next FC meeting Wednesday, April 11th, 2007, 20:00 UTC. If you apply for this position please try to attend the meeting, if you cannot attend please let us know.

1. What would make you a good team leader?
2. How would you organize your team to handle hardware related questions on the forums.
3. List any HOWTOs, FAQs or other note worthy documentation or projects you have contributed to that relate to Ubuntu. Specifically the forums if it applies.
4. Do you have enough time to dedicated to this position?

teaker1s
March 14th, 2007, 07:22 PM
We are looking for someone to head up the Hardware team. We are looking for qualified individuals who are very active on the forums and who contribute daily to the technical side of the forums. This position is a 1year team, that is renewable.
Formally Qualified no, qualifed with experience to assist yes.
By this I mean most posts we get are "beginner hardware unanswered" these can be identified by assisting user to find out chipset id. With chipset id, forums can be searched and google to find linux driver compatibility and remedy suggested. I'm offering a starting point for hardware team, if someone with greater skills wishes to take over when started-I'll step down.
If you are interested in leading this team please reply to this thread and answer the following questions. A decision will be made at the next FC meeting Wednesday, April 11th, 2007, 20:00 UTC. If you apply for this position please try to attend the meeting, if you cannot attend please let us know.
Will be doing my commercial electrical and testing course on that day
1. What would make you a good team leader?
While I'm the first to admit I'm average joe, I'm offering to head a team to try and bring a spark to an area. Example I started the wiki page below and by keeping an eye on the forums it has grown and blossomed into a useful reference
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/hp_dv6000_series_%28dv6116eu%29
2. How would you organize your team to handle hardware related questions on the forums.
I believe that this is knowing what your good at and breaking hardware into sections, while I feel it would be great to be the Oracle, It would be better if people focused on the hardware they understood. I would suggest new hardware resolved to be entered into wiki page
3. List any HOWTOs, FAQs or other note worthy documentation or projects you have contributed
to that relate to Ubuntu.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/hp_dv6000_series_%28dv6116eu%29
Specifically the forums if it applies.
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=363211
plus other dv6000 threads
4. Do you have enough time to dedicated to this position?

Most will know I pop in most days, as above I'm happy to try and start things if there isn't a better person to do it, should it be decided someone can do it better than me-I'm happy to take a back seat.

edited 16/03/07
talking to the current team lead, I'd like to instead offer to either jointly team lead or just join the team and help where possible