PDA

View Full Version : Kdenlive default in Kubuntu?

lunarcloud
March 14th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Okay, so ubtuntu has kino as the default video editor. Okay, it's the old beast and is known to work generally. Most video editing professionals I know laugh at it and newbies are afraid of it, but what I really want to know is how many of you have tried kdenlive?

I have tested countless different video editing programs for linux including (not limited to): cinelerra, mainactor, kdenlive, LiVES, jahshaka, PiTiVi, and kino (diva never compiled right).

Some were weird (to someone from an adobe premeire/final cut pro background), buggy, or didn't support certain formats like mp3.

Kdenlive does a great job in general, though it is still buggy.
Who else thinks that Kubuntu should include this video editor by default?

%hMa@?b<C
March 14th, 2007, 02:25 AM
Okay, so ubtuntu has kino as the default video editor. Okay, it's the old beast and is known to work generally. Most video editing professionals I know laugh at it and newbies are afraid of it, but what I really want to know is how many of you have tried kdenlive?

I have tested countless different video editing programs for linux including (not limited to): cinelerra, mainactor, kdenlive, LiVES, jahshaka, PiTiVi, and kino (diva never compiled right).

Some were weird (to someone from an adobe premeire/final cut pro background), buggy, or didn't support certain formats like mp3.

Kdenlive does a great job in general, though it is still buggy.
Who else thinks that Kubuntu should include this video editor by default?

I think that giving users an option, like when doing a first install, to choose which types of programs to install and which ones. Personally I would like cinelerra to be there in place of any other video editor.

claydoh
March 30th, 2007, 04:40 AM
With kino at 1.0, the developer is moving on to work more on MLT, the framework kdenlive is built on, so it should be getting better in the near future (0.5 is supposed to be near) but currently kdenlive should not be included imho until it is a lot more stable :)