PDA

View Full Version : today is my 16th birthday

%hMa@?b<C
March 14th, 2007, 01:41 AM
I got my driver's permit, a book on python programming and a subscription to Make: Magazine ::KS

maniacmusician
March 14th, 2007, 01:47 AM
I got my driver's permit, a book on python programming and a subscription to Make: Magazine ::KS
sweet. The founder of Make was on the Colbert Report a little while ago, and I thought that was pretty neat.

Happy Birthday! Hope you can do something constructive with that Python and give back a little :)

Onyros
March 14th, 2007, 01:56 AM
Haha! Happy birthday, mate!

I'm getting to my 29th, in a few weeks... and I've also discovered I will be a father in a few months! Therefore I'm silently celebrating with a fine bottle of wine (or two), while my wife sleeps.

Wow... 16... You know, when I was 16 and people my age wanted to give me any piece of advice I always thought: what do they know that I don't? Trust me, experience DOES matter; at least you'll learn not to make the mistakes you've done before (but you'll have to go through those as well)

If you want one small piece of advice from someone with a few more years of experience: don't take things you like lightly. Don't overthink them as well. Go with the flow, but don't get drowned, if you know what I mean.

In the end, what matters is not only what you like, but the fact that you do what you like well. That's the only way you'll ever be comfortable with what you are. Enjoy the best days of your life (even if you don't acknowledge them as such right now), but try not to waste them as well. Believe it or not, these are the days that will define you as a human being.

Once again, happy birthday!

prizrak
March 14th, 2007, 02:17 AM
Happy Birthday! Now that you can drive it's time to decide for yourself AWD or RWD. Don't EVER get FWD!

%hMa@?b<C
March 14th, 2007, 02:20 AM
Happy Birthday! Now that you can drive it's time to decide for yourself AWD or RWD. Don't EVER get FWD!

my brother drives a RWD BMW 318i and my dad drives an AWD Saab 92x Aero (rebranded Subaru WRX wagon) but I was thinking of a Toyota Celica, Toyota Paseo or Honda Prelude, all FWD (although, it definately has to be a standard transmission)

Stew2
March 14th, 2007, 04:25 AM
Happy 16th Bday!! Nice to see another Make fan out there :D . Tim Anderson is my idol!

enopepsoo
March 14th, 2007, 04:32 AM
my brother drives a RWD BMW 318i and my dad drives an AWD Saab 92x Aero (rebranded Subaru WRX wagon) but I was thinking of a Toyota Celica, Toyota Paseo or Honda Prelude, all FWD (although, it definately has to be a standard transmission)

How bout ditch the car and do yourself a big favour. Live in a city and ride a bike.

Mykewl
March 14th, 2007, 05:35 AM
I sing the Happy Birthday Song for you,
always sing better in chats and forums lol

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

BarfBag
March 14th, 2007, 06:03 AM
Happy Birthday! I turned 16 this past summer. It's been... interesting, to say the least. Here's a bit of advise. Arguing with your parents isn't worth it. 16 is generally the age where your hormones aren't as raging around as much, so your parents don't accept argument anymore. Your situation might be different then mine, but still keep this in mind. Also, don't take crap from people who claim to be your friends. I let this happen and it's possible that I've lost my job as a result. Hopefully, your 16th year will be better then mine has.

gldvxx
March 14th, 2007, 06:35 AM
sweet. The founder of Make was on the Colbert Report a little while ago, and I thought that was pretty neat.

Happy Birthday! Hope you can do something constructive with that Python and give back a little :)

http://makezine.com/colbert/#video

Iarwain ben-adar
March 14th, 2007, 06:53 AM

A well-meaned happy birthday ,

And may you find and do what you would want to :D

Iarwain

mips
March 14th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Happy happy !

karellen
March 14th, 2007, 09:30 AM
happy birthday man :), your whole life lies ahead ;)

matthew
March 14th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Happy Birthday!

adam.tropics
March 14th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Happy Birthday....I was gonna say I am jealous and wish I was 16 again, but thinking about that, maybe not!!

slimdog360
March 14th, 2007, 10:16 AM
just a few more years and you'll be hitting the strip clubs. Happy birthday.

anaconda
March 14th, 2007, 10:17 AM

Happy birthday..

A drivers license at 16!! Wow..

In my country you can get drivers license at 16 IF you get a special permit from the president..

jfinkels
March 14th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Happy birthday..

A drivers license at 16!! Wow..

In my country you can get drivers license at 16 IF you get a special permit from the president..

Where do you live? :P

Actually, maybe that's not such a bad idea, what with teenagers still developing their judgment neuronal pathways and such. That's why I got into an accident when I first got my permit...hehe that was only a few years ago, watch out people.

STREETURCHINE
March 14th, 2007, 10:24 AM
happy birthday and best wishes ,i am having a drink to celebrate for you cheers...some :popcorn: for you though...:lolflag:

rolando2424
March 14th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Happy Birthday :D

I'm currently 16 until the next month :)

Too bad that I can only get my drivers license at 18... But at least I like to walk.

Aetherius
March 14th, 2007, 01:57 PM
:lolflag: Happy Birthday!:lolflag:

sorry, felt like i had to out do streeturchine for "most colourful post" award

xyz
March 14th, 2007, 02:33 PM
H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y T O Y O U I N A S O N G V I D E O !!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj6cbM-h8xg)

prizrak
March 14th, 2007, 02:43 PM

Ewww understeer.
If you want a Celica get the GT4 (All-trac Turbo) that one is AWD. Not sure about Paseo never driven one, Prelude sux. Fast car but way too heavy, FWD's have a nasty understeer issue so the lighter the better.