PDA

View Full Version : Open search in new tab isn't working in FireFox..

billdotson
March 13th, 2007, 11:51 PM
I did about:config and changed browser.search.openintab to true but it still does not work. I know, I know I can do alt+enter to do it but it would be better for it to do it by default. I have Firefox installed on my USB flash drive and it is running from there. I have tabmixplus extension installed maybe that is doing it.. grr Firefox.. work!

maagimies
March 13th, 2007, 11:54 PM
It works on my Firefox, but then again I currently have no extensions installed :o
And this is on Feisty.

23meg
March 13th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Do it with Tab Mix Plus. Events / Tab Opening / Open tabs from: Search bar.

RAV TUX
March 14th, 2007, 12:02 AM
I did about:config and changed browser.search.openintab to true but it still does not work. I know, I know I can do alt+enter to do it but it would be better for it to do it by default. I have Firefox installed on my USB flash drive and it is running from there. I have tabmixplus extension installed maybe that is doing it.. grr Firefox.. work!use this simple extension just for that purpose:

searchOnTab
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3904/

see it action in the screenshot below....

billdotson
March 14th, 2007, 02:56 AM
23meg.. thanks that fixed it.

RAV TUX.. is that extension really necessary?? You can choose what to open them in by either hitting enter (to load in current tab) or alt+enter to do another tab. I was simply wanted to have it where it automatically opened in another. What other features does that extension have?