PDA

View Full Version : My New very old Palm lllc, what is it good for?

Omnios
March 13th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Hi hi my sister just got a blackberry and gave me her old Palm lllc color pda. I have been playing around with it for about a day now and found some free palmware at GNet.com. Though I found I could load a pdf program I do not have a lot of storage as it shows about 8 megs available. I also found I could not use the palmconnect usb device as it does not work with linux as it does some wierd stuff where it tryes to make the usb usable as a added com in windows. I managed to get the com connection to work in Linux though

Anyways I tryed some games that totally sucked, even the windows minsweeper sucked as it had 10 mines and like a 10 by 10 screen.

I was also looking at a web site that had a linux based os for palms but I do not think this would work on the lllc as it has a color screen.

Anyone have any suggestions for usefull software or web sites pertaining to the Palm lllc?

Omnios
March 14th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Hi I just noticed that I can load files and some programs on my pdf but can not access them on the pdf. Any sugestions?

Stew2
March 14th, 2007, 04:18 AM
I have an old Palm IIIE that has a black and white screen. I am not sure about linux support as I use it on my old 600X laptop with Windows 2K, but I have found it quite useful for an outdated gadget. I downloaded the palm connect software from the Palm site and then picked up a sync cradle off of ebay so I could sync it and install programs and such. This site (http://www.djajic.com/) has some handy freeware programs to check out. I mostly use it for phone numbers and email addy's, which it handles just fine, I also found a freeware app that allows me to play old infocon text adventures on it (like Zork). I like using it a lot more than our old address book with all the scribbles in it every time someone moves or gets a new phone :) . Plus it was cheap enough that I don't have to worry about breaking it :D

Omnios
March 14th, 2007, 06:53 PM
From what I have seen so far palmsinc does not want to install programs or files in Linux. I would really like to find a solution for this as I do not booting into windows other than for a game I play.