PDA

View Full Version : How about a suggestion box?

wallijonn
May 31st, 2005, 06:47 AM
Is this feasilble?

A suggestion box area:

Let's say that you're ususing some application, say the browser, and there's some functionality that you see would be great (say you do a seach. Why doesn't the search icon not depress, why isn't it a button (ala Mac)? You could right click a file it has already found through the manual search, and now you want to directly to that file (instead of going to that folder?) Once one sees that the file is highl;ighted and look at his address bar to see where it is.)like copy to a USB mem stick.

We see it everyday, you're using FireFox and you wish that some extension from the past were still available, like OpenLastTab (unclosetab) and you wishg they had some functionality (not that you'd want it to work exactly like WXP or KDE) - what you want is something those other two DON'T have. Some buffo feature... something simple that would make your life easier. Don't you wish Mozilla had something like that?

Well, let's say that there's something that you'd like to see in the next release of Ubuntu (all I know is that it's called breezy. I have not searched for it. I know absolutly nothing about it. But they got their ideas fdrom somewhere.), what would it be?

TravisNewman
May 31st, 2005, 06:54 AM
It seems very feasible, but this section is just for ubuntuFORUMS.org discussion. We don't really have a say on what Canonical does ;)

So I'll move this to CC. :) Sorry for the inconvenience

UbuWu
May 31st, 2005, 02:31 PM
Great idea! Would be great for the development version.