PDA

View Full Version : What's with the hogs?

TravisNewman
November 10th, 2004, 12:22 AM
Warty Warthog
Hoary Hedgehog
I heard that the next one is Grumpy something, but I can't think of any hogs that start with G. Guinea hog?

But really, why hogs? I mean, MS does skiing courses, which makes about as much sense. But still. Hogs?

They ARE very catchy names though.

Rancoras
November 10th, 2004, 01:18 AM
Grumpy Groundhog

TravisNewman
November 10th, 2004, 01:39 AM
Grumpy Groundhog
Ha! I love it! That's the best one so far. Warty Warthog, great. Hoary Hedgehog, eh, could be better but not bad. But Grumpy Groundhog! Priceless. Seriously. It sounds like a demented Disney movie or something.

jwb
November 10th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Ha! I love it! That's the best one so far. Warty Warthog, great. Hoary Hedgehog, eh, could be better but not bad. But Grumpy Groundhog! Priceless. Seriously. It sounds like a demented Disney movie or something.

I submitted a list earlier...... add on to it! :-)

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2592

allen
November 10th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Warty Warthog
Hoary Hedgehog
I heard that the next one is Grumpy something, but I can't think of any hogs that start with G. Guinea hog?

But really, why hogs? I mean, MS does skiing courses, which makes about as much sense. But still. Hogs?

They ARE very catchy names though.
Perky Penguin is in the line up after Grumpy Groundhog :)

HiddenWolf
November 13th, 2004, 01:32 PM
The ubuntu names are great.

And let's be honest. Everything is better then Gentoo's purple cow. :-)

TravisNewman
November 13th, 2004, 05:48 PM
The ubuntu names are great.

And let's be honest. Everything is better then Gentoo's purple cow. :-)
Yeah, I never really got that. Gentoo is a specific breed of penguin, so it makes sense for a linux distro, but where did the purple cow come from?

fng
November 13th, 2004, 07:22 PM
i liked larry the cow :(
Especially the console-background on the 1.4 install cd's was very nice

mooooooooo | cowsay

HungSquirrel
November 13th, 2004, 08:27 PM
i liked larry the cow :(
Especially the console-background on the 1.4 install cd's was very nice

mooooooooo | cowsay
The correct syntax is cowsay mooooooooo. ;)

HiddenWolf
November 13th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Sorry to say so, but if I want to see a cow, I'll look out of the window. :-)

TravisNewman
November 14th, 2004, 03:39 AM
I live about 15 minutes away from VA Tech, and they have a huge agriculture program, and they're studying the workings of cows, so they have some cows out in a field that have "windows" in them, basically a clear but very durable skin replacement, so if you're lucky you can drive by at the right time and see the inside of a living cow.
I know that made no contribution to the discussion, but the use of cow and window in the same sentence made me think about it. And it's kinda on topic, since the last few posts were about cows.

jwb
November 15th, 2004, 01:27 AM
I live about 15 minutes away from VA Tech, and they have a huge agriculture program, and they're studying the workings of cows, so they have some cows out in a field that have "windows" in them, basically a clear but very durable skin replacement, so if you're lucky you can drive by at the right time and see the inside of a living cow.
I know that made no contribution to the discussion, but the use of cow and window in the same sentence made me think about it. And it's kinda on topic, since the last few posts were about cows.

Actually..... it makes a great contribution.

Just proves that windows is simply a way of looking into a bunch of bull.

:-)

Hahahahahahaha.

I slay me.
\\:D/

TravisNewman
November 15th, 2004, 02:26 AM
Actually..... it makes a great contribution.

Just proves that windows is simply a way of looking into a bunch of bull.

:-)

Hahahahahahaha.

I slay me.
\\:D/
Yes yes, you slay me too. Seriously, that's pretty darn clever *L*