PDA

View Full Version : Song title?

hatchek
March 13th, 2007, 03:01 AM
I've had this song stuck in my head for so long its not funny, but what really kills me, is I can't identify it. Its so familiar, I want to think Doobies or Crosby Stills, but I just can't place it.

This is a short recording of the song stuck in my head, can anyone offer any help?

http://downloads.ligersunion.com/dododo.mp3 59kb

:guitar:

Mr. C.
March 13th, 2007, 03:59 AM
Jesus is Just Alright, Doobie Brothers.

hatchek
March 13th, 2007, 04:08 AM
No, thats close, but its not quite right. I don't think it *is* the Doobies, but seems to be from the same era. Perhaps a 1 hit wonder or something.

After searching for consecutive do do do's as lyrics to this song, I can deduce,these are what its not:
Crosby Stills Nash and Young - Love the One You're With
Frankie Vallie - Oh What A Night
Axel Foley Theme
Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf
Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life

Mr. C.
March 13th, 2007, 04:12 AM
Darn, my next thought was CSN, but you eliminated the song.

C-A
March 13th, 2007, 04:56 AM
see below (any way to delete this?)

C-A
March 13th, 2007, 04:57 AM
Any chance this is "I Come Tumblin" by Grand Funk Railroad?

I don't know much about the band but I know the tune and was thinking it was a classic rock song and that the tune was more "da" than "do". I searched and found the lyrics which seem to match up.

I come tumblin' down, from the darkness I, stretch my arms out to, catch the sound, yeah.
I hear grumblin' and, broken heartness is, slowly spreading and, going 'round.

Half the people are, never knowing and, never caring and never showing, their ...
... love for sisters, as well as brothers. Let's, teach our children to, love each other.

Slowly coming the, thought of losing the world is ever so near.
Let's start showing and, let's start growing with love there's nothing to fear.

Da, da, da-da, da; Da, da, da-da, da; Da, da, da-da, da; Da, da, da-da, da;

Oh ... Yeah.
Oh ... Yeah.
Oh ... Yeah.
Oh ... Yeah.

Oh ... Yeah.
Oh ... Yeah.
Oh ... Yeah.
Oh ... Yeah.

Yeah ...

rsambuca
March 13th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Go to the midomi website (http://www.midomi.com/) and you will have your answer.

fenian
March 13th, 2007, 07:08 AM
"Suite Judy Blue Eyes" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzF_MoXOU1E&mode=related&search=) by CSNY

Scarlett
March 13th, 2007, 07:16 AM
It's Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young but I can't recall the song offhand...
...and while I was looking for it fenian beat me to it.

Interesting (maybe) little bit of trivia, Joni Mitchell was supposed to get a ride with them to Woodstock but for whatever reason they left without her. There's some really great footage of her on youtube from BBC. I was born too late... I love this music.

hatchek
March 13th, 2007, 02:52 PM
@Fenian: Thats it! Holy crap! Awesome :D Thank you SO much.

@Scarlett: I know, this old stuff is just great. But Bob Seger said it the best, "Today's music ain't got no soul, I like that old time rock and roll!"

kolinab
March 13th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Great, now I've got the clip of the YOU humming the song stuck in MY head. Anyone got a link to an .mp3 of the real song so I can end this?

[edit] so you decided it was 'Judy Blue Eyes?' Sorry, I wasn't reading carefully.

Mr. C.
March 13th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Anyone got a link to an .mp3 of the real song so I can end this?

[ retracted my unfair and unwarranted accusation ]

kolinab
March 13th, 2007, 07:33 PM
[deleted unproductive post]

Mr. C.
March 13th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Good, we're on the same page. Since you know all about those legitimate sites, you'll have no trouble finding such a popular song.

kolinab
March 14th, 2007, 12:22 AM
In any case, I've had this song stuck in my head all day. There are worse songs to have stuck in one's head, I suppose! Thanks for the 'name that tune,' hatchek.

Good times, all.

K

hatchek
March 14th, 2007, 03:35 AM
Well, don't expect to hear it on a preview, since the part in question is the EXACT end of the song. :p

Rock on!

Mr. C.
March 14th, 2007, 04:20 AM
kolinab,

My apologies for my invalid assumptions about your intentions. I publicly apologize, and retract what I said, and will edit to remove those uncalled for remarks.

Please accept my humblest apologies.

Sincerely,
MrC

kolinab
March 14th, 2007, 04:50 AM
Apology accepted - I kind of got in a huff which I shouldn't have done. I know you're a helpful productive member of these forums (I know I try to be). I kinda barked at you and didn't mean to be a jerk.

Hope you had a good day, and have a good night.

I'll edit my post as well . . .

See you out there in the forums!

Regards,

K