PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Wording and relationship to Debian

Unregistered
May 30th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Hi,

I just wandered over to the Ubuntu site to check on some things. (Some possibilities of using Ubuntu at an organization that I'll be joining in a short time.) I've been reading a thread on the debian-devel list regarding support responsibilities that have auto-magically migrated from Debian to Ubuntu and some of the problems that have arisen. Anyway, I was reading the Ubuntu page regarding Guadalinex and saw this bullet item that in a way incapsulates the problem:

- Ubuntu is integrated into Debian's debugging machinery and other upstream developers.

Ubuntu probably wants to use the word "with" rather than "into" in the above, e.g.

- Ubuntu is integrated with Debian's debugging machinery and other upstream developers

since Ubuntu and Debian are officially separate projects/groups and not connected directly (or maybe officially) with regards to development work. The word "into" implies a much closer connection than what I understand exists. Rather (afaik) Ubuntu tries to integrate "its" work with the software Debian has offered.

jeff

P.S. For those responsible for maintainer support at Ubuntu, reading the (rather old at this point) thread over on debian-devel might be beneficial. Occurred around 2nd May.

TravisNewman
May 30th, 2005, 05:54 PM
This was posted in the Ubuntuforums site discussion, which is only for discussion about the FORUMS. We're not the ones to go to about this issue.

You can edit the wikipage yourself, you know? :) That's one of the beautiful things about wikis