PDA

View Full Version : Product recommendation

tacm
March 9th, 2007, 09:32 PM
I wanted to take a minute and offer a product recommendation. I have an 11 month old HP Pavilion DV8000 notebook. The LCD screen has developed a very small dead spot, or pixel issue. I contacted their customer support and could not have been happier with the treatment I received. HP is going to send a shipping container out so I can send my computer to the service department for a display replacement free of charge. The support team was helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, and quick(I was on the phone for less than 30 minutes). They were even understanding and helpful to fact I am running Linux(the service tech knew how to navigate my operating system for troubleshooting purposes. They were also very understanding that I have no proof of purchase(My finance bought this computer for me shortly before passing away from Leukemia and it was on her credit card). It is so rare to get good customer service these days I thought I would share. I have never cared too much for HP as a whole, but they have made a believer out of me. :guitar:

mips
March 9th, 2007, 09:44 PM
I wanted to take a minute and offer a product recommendation. I have an 11 month old HP Pavilion DV8000 notebook. The LCD screen has developed a very small dead spot, or pixel issue. I contacted their customer support and could not have been happier with the treatment I received. HP is going to send a shipping container out so I can send my computer to the service department for a display replacement free of charge. The support team was helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, and quick(I was on the phone for less than 30 minutes). They were even understanding and helpful to fact I am running Linux(the service tech knew how to navigate my operating system for troubleshooting purposes. They were also very understanding that I have no proof of purchase(My finance bought this computer for me shortly before passing away from Leukemia and it was on her credit card). It is so rare to get good customer service these days I thought I would share. I have never cared too much for HP as a whole, but they have made a believer out of me. :guitar:

I'm generally happy with them as well. The beauty is you don't need proof of purchase. the serial#, part# & especially service tag tells them whether it is still under warranty or not. Dealt with them on a few occasions and that is enough for them, no proof of purchase required.