PDA

View Full Version : Bill is again 1st on the Rich List

JAPrufrock
March 9th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Bill Gates has been named, for the 14th consecutive year, the world's richest entrepreneur, having managed to accumulate approximately 56 billion dollars (a conservative estimate). Congratulations Bill !!

billdotson
March 9th, 2007, 03:35 PM
yes, he is a rich man.

compiledkernel
March 9th, 2007, 03:37 PM
It is however notable that he is worth considerably less money than he has been in years past. I believe at one point his estimated worth was upwards of 80 Billion, now hes only worth 56 billion. Even in the concept of billions, thats a pretty huge drop.

karellen
March 9th, 2007, 03:40 PM
well....I wish I would drop from 80 to 56 billion :d

thomasaaron
March 9th, 2007, 03:47 PM
I'm an entrepreneur too. I'm worth...geeez...at least hudreds of dollars.
So, I don't see what's so special about Bill! :confused:

DoctorMO
March 9th, 2007, 03:59 PM
According to flotsam theory, an imaginary idea which incorporates value (money) in which people accumulate and trade this value for other goods and services; each unit of value conveys a force of control over near by values and people who believe in that value much like gravity. and so likewise distorts not space time as is gravities remit but reality. the more money piled in one place the more unreal a person and his life becomes; in this severe case the amount of money is a kin o a black hole sucking reality in, destroying every bit of wholesome kindness it touches and tarnishing moral souls.

The only option is to perform a total cashectomy, removing all fake value (money) from the person until their realitive force is within the control of other local realities.

I call upon the leaders of the world to tax bill gates like they have never taxed before, each foot step on thier soil must be worth at least a million quid.

Kateikyoushi
March 9th, 2007, 04:32 PM
I call upon the leaders of the world to tax bill gates like they have never taxed before, each foot step on thier soil must be worth at least a million quid.

Wouldn't work on him, he would send someone for a Segway. ;)

DoctorMO
March 9th, 2007, 04:36 PM
A special billionair wheel transport tax, couple of million per wheel per mile.

Tomosaur
March 9th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Bill isn't necessarily a bad guy, really. He does give an immense amount of his wealth away to good causes. Sure, he may have done some 'nasty things' in the past - but I feel human life and quality of living is much more important than sucky business practices. At least he's helping people out who are less fortunate than he is.

aretei
March 9th, 2007, 05:29 PM
It is however notable that he is worth considerably less money than he has been in years past. I believe at one point his estimated worth was upwards of 80 Billion, now hes only worth 56 billion. Even in the concept of billions, thats a pretty huge drop.

Well if money can indicate his value, then that is not much value. I must be more worthy than he since U.S. government can buy his life and put him to death while it can't do that to me :)

Xzallion
March 9th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Well if money can indicate his value, then that is not much value. I must be more worthy than he since U.S. government can buy his life and put him to death while it can't do that to me :)

How can the U.S. government buy his life? One cannot just buy a person and put them to death here in the U.S. That would be slavery and murder.

mykalreborn
March 9th, 2007, 06:36 PM
How can the U.S. government buy his life? One cannot just buy a person and put them to death here in the U.S. That would be slavery and murder.

yes it would be, but since the US sees itself as this unstopable seething mass of 3rd world country domination i guess this won't be much of a problem. but this is not the time nor place to talk about this.

aretei
March 9th, 2007, 06:37 PM

That was exactly the point of my satire. That's how pointless these "values" at least in respect to assets are. Apparently you didn't get the joke.

DoctorMO
March 9th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Bill isn't necessarily a bad guy, really. He does give an immense amount of his wealth away to good causes. Sure, he may have done some 'nasty things' in the past - but I feel human life and quality of living is much more important than sucky business practices. At least he's helping people out who are less fortunate than he is.

Be careful, he might give money away but the power it wields is terrible. there are two points that aggravate my dislike for letting him off for his generosity; 1) Some of the money finds it's way into 3rd and 2nd world goverments for the use of buying computers and it services with the strict 'advice' that it be used to buy Microsoft products. essentially bribing with charity. 2) He wouldn't have nearly that amount of money if he played fair. it's like saying a dictator that killed loads of people in a horrible genocide should be given a pat on the back for letting a few people in his country live by his grace set up a hospital to save lives. the answer is that the world would be a better place without them both.