PDA

View Full Version : Requesting: Advertising Forum

XDevHald
May 28th, 2005, 09:18 PM
I myself did a no no by posting in the General Chat forum and placing a link of my own in there to my site.

Of course we all have some goods to advertise? :) Well I think a great place for people to really show their stuff off is to make an advertising forum for everyone.

No need to vote on this post, but comments, ideas and etc would be great.

panickedthumb
May 28th, 2005, 09:25 PM
We do have the link directory. You could put this under Other Linux Links.

Most links that wouldn't fit there will fit in the marketplace forums.

And any other links in the advertising forum would most likely be a load of pay-per-click spam, free ipods, etc etc.

So I have my concerns about this idea, though I'm not just flat-out opposed. As long as you or anyone else comes up with a plan that would work well.

As it stands I'm not sure what wouldn't fit in either the link directory or the community marketplace, but like I said, if you have any ideas feel free. And I'm not the one making the final decisions ;)

XDevHald
May 28th, 2005, 09:30 PM
We do have the link directory. You could put this under Other Linux Links.

Most links that wouldn't fit there will fit in the marketplace forums.

And any other links in the advertising forum would most likely be a load of pay-per-click spam, free ipods, etc etc.

So I have my concerns about this idea, though I'm not just flat-out opposed. As long as you or anyone else comes up with a plan that would work well.

As it stands I'm not sure what wouldn't fit in either the link directory or the community marketplace, but like I said, if you have any ideas feel free. And I'm not the one making the final decisions ;)
Totally understandable, and yes it could lead to other spamming of bad marketing of sites. We could pull together a linux forum that is directly to linux sites ONLY, yes the linux directory would be great, but that is up to you, if you feel that my site would be a great link addon to the Other Linux Links, then yes please feel free in adding it :D that would be awesome.

But to make this back on topic, we could add a linux forum that deals with linux advertisements only. I could be wrong in this direction, but the judgement is up to you panicked.

Thanks for the reply!

jdong
May 28th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Sorry, BB, nothing against you, but we simply CAN't have an advertising forum.

Perhaps when all of us needs free Ipods or needs to wire a couple thousand dollars to a random charity , we'll make a spam forum ;)