PDA

View Full Version : Minimal gnome applet for audio streams?

migla
March 4th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Does anyone know of a panel applet with three buttons ([prev]-[play/stop]-[next]) for playing audio streams?

I use VLC sitting in the notification area to play mms-streams for radio channels. Via right-click, it lets me change to next/previous stream in the playlist. There's also play/pause and stop (of which pause doesn't do anything, nor should it, since the stream is not served from start at my request and I'm not recording the stream while listening). VLC works, but is not optimal for what I'd like to do.

In my imaginary applet, it would be nice if clicking and holding the middle (play/stop) button would show a menu with play/stop at the top, followed by a list of the streams in the playlist for choosing a channel. Just clicking should toggle play/stop. Maybe applets won't work like that, in that case I'll have just the aforementioned menu, please.

If no such applet exists and someone feels up to a few (I'd imagine, not really knowing the first thing about coding) lines of coding, I made an svg with three simple buttons to save you 30 seconds worth of work. ;)

MatthiasM
February 3rd, 2008, 03:03 PM
http://gnomefiles.org/app.php/iStream