PDA

View Full Version : most reliable and well-designed motherboards?

billdotson
March 3rd, 2007, 05:34 AM
What do you think are the most reliable and well-designed motherboards?

By type I mean Intel, Asus, etc... you know the manufacturer.

I recently had a bad issue with Asus and will probably never support them again. I got an RMA# for them for my motherboard and they said that the RMA process (just for them to check the product, NOT including sending it to them or back) would take 10 days. I also would've had to pay for shipping as well. So I would pretty much have been without my PC for about a month if newegg.com hadn't helped me out and said they would give me money to ship it AND ship it back after they processed the RMA (only 3-5 days) in 1 day. hooray newegg.com, boo Asus

~LoKe
March 3rd, 2007, 05:36 AM
Gigabyte.

PatrickMay16
March 3rd, 2007, 05:51 AM
Gigabyte.

I had a gigabyte motherboard die on me with bad capacitors just two years ago. That particular motherboard was bought in late 2002, it lasted up to June 2005.

So these days I'm using an Abit motherboard.

hardyn
March 3rd, 2007, 05:54 AM
the caps have been a problem for everybody

i really think that all the manufs have a horror story... i am a little tweaked at Asus these days, i will never buy another MSI device... i had really good luck with an epox board, lately i have been buying asrock (asus) but mainly for price, they are very inexpensive.

~LoKe
March 3rd, 2007, 05:59 AM
I had a gigabyte motherboard die on me with bad capacitors just two years ago. That particular motherboard was bought in late 2002, it lasted up to June 2005.

So these days I'm using an Abit motherboard.

Gigabyte DS3! Solid-state capacitors.