PDA

View Full Version : Super off-topic: amp output to home stereo

slugkilla
March 3rd, 2007, 02:26 AM
I know this is a Linux forum, but there are a lot of guitar players in here so I know it's cool to ask. I've been trying to figure out how to amplify my guitar with out spending too much cash. Well I figured it out! I plugged a cheap starter amp into my stereo receiver and it was REALLY LOUD! This is great and all but I wanted to know if there are any risks involved in plugging my guitar/mic in a stereo through a 15 watt guitar amp. Mainly I don't want to take my gear to my buddies house a blow his rig. Thanks for any advise!

Skia_42
March 3rd, 2007, 02:53 AM
Just make sure the speaker can handle it, I wired a epiphone 5 watt valve junior head into a 7 watt stereo speaker and it rocks my socks. The guitar head is amazing, I found for $99.99 new here (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-Tube-Amplifier-Head?sku=482069).

slugkilla
March 3rd, 2007, 03:59 AM
Awesome. I figure that I should just keep things low on the amp side and I won't blow his speakers. He uses them when he is learning drum beats from songs, so he should be able to figure it out on the stereo side of the situation. thanks.