PDA

View Full Version : Speech controle on ubuntu

reza81
March 2nd, 2007, 10:59 AM
Hello peaple,

I just started with a development project at school. We have to try and make a product that makes it posible for a motoric handicaped person to controle his/her computer system. these peale can controle there voice. We just started designing the concept & want to use 'The CMU Sphinx Group Open Source Speech Recognition Engines' to make this posible. What I want to know is if there are any Ubuntu developers that like to work on this so that this project stays a life after the alpha product. This would also help disabled peaple in many ways. Also, it would make ubuntu more user frindly...

so what do you think?

drfalkor
March 2nd, 2007, 01:22 PM
sounds great.. but you guys should make that program like: if the computer isnt sure about what the user said, a list of words should come up about what word the computer tought it was, then the user says lets say "it was word one" or "one", "It was word two" or "two" etc.. one = hello. two = save

But, if the computer was sure about what was said, it contiunes without the dialog window of words it tought it was:)

reza81
March 2nd, 2007, 05:11 PM
sounds great.. but you guys should make that program like: if the computer isnt sure about what the user said, a list of words should come up about what word the computer tought it was, then the user says lets say "it was word one" or "one", "It was word two" or "two" etc.. one = hello. two = save

But, if the computer was sure about what was said, it contiunes without the dialog window of words it tought it was:)

We just started last week, but this is a great option to make a higher usability and we already have talked about this. I and two other guy's want the alpha version ready by the first week of June. So if it goes well we will put this option in for sure!
All tho I have been using Ubuntu just for 3 months now, I want to make this a project that all Ubuntu (Linux) users can benefit from. I am looking for developers who want to contribute on such a (JAVA)project for open source use!

kazuya
March 14th, 2007, 08:43 PM
I am curious about the progress on this.