PDA

View Full Version : Bill selling MS stocks like a madman !

MaximB
March 1st, 2007, 12:06 PM
according to this site : http://biz.yahoo.com/t/38/567.html
Bill sold 921,924,402 Microsoft stokes from 2-Aug-05 to 23-Feb-07
does Bill knows something that we don't ?

mips
March 1st, 2007, 01:36 PM
according to this site : http://biz.yahoo.com/t/38/567.html
Bill sold 921,924,402 stokes from 23-Feb-07 to 2-Aug-05
does Bill knows something that we don't ?

I see nothing wrong with that. You can speculate as to the reasons of the sales but you will never really know.

GeirG
March 1st, 2007, 01:42 PM
No, he is just catching up on what we already know :-)

I find it more astonishing that he was traveling backwards in time while doing those "sales"... (from 07 to 05)

SishGupta
March 1st, 2007, 01:49 PM
Actually, insider transactions are fairly often, large, and usually automatic.

If you look at googles insider transactions for example:
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=GOOG

Here you can clearly see huge guys within the company like larry page, eric schmitt and sergey brin automatically selling off several million dollars worth of stocks per day.

These guys don't need paychecks with their stock options.

Once about 1 year ago one of the 3 above names sold about half a billion in stock. Was really interesting to see.

MaximB
March 1st, 2007, 02:09 PM
so you are saying the Bill doing it in favor of M$ ?
he doesn't think that M$'s way from here is only down ?

EdThaSlayer
March 1st, 2007, 02:13 PM
Maybe he is predicting Microsofts downfall and so wants to get his cash out as quick as possible.

chavo
March 1st, 2007, 02:18 PM
Too late I already bought 'em all.
Now it's time to take over the world!

Tuna-Fish
March 1st, 2007, 02:21 PM
Actually, Bill selling the shares like that doesn't really mean anything. We already know 2 things: Bill wants to step down from Microsoft in 2008, which is kinda understandable considering when you're the richest man on earth you might not be interested in business anymore, and Microsoft is already the top dog so no matter what happens, it cannot really get any bigger. So he's selling shares to use the money for something else. He, of course, cannot just dump them all at the market as this would seriously diminish their price, so he sells them some 1M-2M every other day, depending on share value & demand, making some 30-60M$ of every sale, (which to him is probably pocket money...). At this rate, they will last some 5 years.

Kernel Sanders
March 1st, 2007, 02:26 PM
Maybe he's generating lots of cash for his charitable foundation? He does it from time to time...

maniacmusician
March 1st, 2007, 02:29 PM
Maybe he's generating lots of cash for his charitable foundation? He does it from time to time...
Eh. It's his wife who's pretty much in charge of the charity stuff.

Kateikyoushi
March 1st, 2007, 02:44 PM
Maybe he is predicting Microsofts downfall and so wants to get his cash out as quick as possible.

Actually after the first few posts I expected you to post something like this so scrolled down to find it. :lolflag:

Well I think it is totally normal and I can hardly see microsofts downfall looming around

MaximB
March 1st, 2007, 02:59 PM
anybody knows jack about stocks ?
if so tell us, might it be a trick in favor of M$ ?

SishGupta
March 1st, 2007, 03:54 PM
Yeah man I am pretty sure I already said that it is NORMAL for people within a company to be selling of a LOT of stock over a period of time.

It doesn't do much for the company then give other people more ownership and them less.

Everyone knows "bill gate's billions of dollars isn't in the bank but in stocks" and i'd say a large part of this is in MS stock.

There also isn't much point in holding onto a bunch of stock if you can sell it and get a lot of money. The thing about stocks is selling when it is just right.