PDA

View Full Version : hmmmm Archos 604 Wi-fi or Cowon A3

boobooq88
March 1st, 2007, 08:38 AM
Hello everybody. How you all doin? :) I am thinkin of gettin a new PMP and after researchin a bunch it has come down to this... Cowon A3 (when it comes out) or Archos 604. I have already owned 2 Archos devices and absolutely love them. They have never failed me yet :) However... their new PMPs seem to be on the pricey side. Ive also heard that audio qaulity is not all that great on them but I find that hard to believe since my other 2 players (Gmini 120 and Gmini 402 CC) have excellent audio quality. But primarily the only thing holding me back is the price. On the other hand, there is the Cowon A3... the reviews of the A2 (the A3 predecessor) have all been pretty much excellent. the Cowon is also fairly cheaper than the Archos and support more things right out of the box. I understand though that the built in tv recorder for the A2 doesnt work in the US so you end up having to buy an adapter like the Archos anyway. Another plus to the Cowon is the battery life. 8-10 hours for video!! but doesnt have removable battery like the Archos. The Archos also has a touchscreen (which I would sooooooo love to have) and the Wi-fi capabilities are freakin awsome. When I speak of the Wi-fi im not just talking about the web browser (which is awsome too) but the ability to add/delete files on over the wi-fi and to be able to stream vidoe, music, pictures from other computers in the network you are using. the Archos is also somewhat smaller and has a larger screen but Ive heard picture quality isn't as good as the Cowon (but that makes sense because of the touch screen)

Basically if the money were not a factor I would totally go for the Archos (I can afford the Archos but I'll be coughing up a fair amount more money for it over the Cowon) (DVR station = $100 US, extra codec packs = $20 US, case = $25 US)

Which one would you go for?