PDA

View Full Version : missing files needed by configure scripts

nickoli_02
March 1st, 2007, 05:39 AM
I'm attempting to compile the latest f-spot 0.3.4 and I'm getting stuck with this error when running ./configure:

checking for mono... /usr/bin/mono
checking for gmcs... /usr/bin/gmcs
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
checking for GDU_MODULE_VERSION_CHECK... yes
checking for mono.pc... configure: error: missing the mono.pc file, usually found in the mono-devel package

I ran locate and whereis after updatedb to try and find the missing file... it doesn't seem to be on my computer. This isn't the first time I've ran into this type of problem, so, I'm hoping someone can fill me in on a solution :)

po0f
March 1st, 2007, 05:42 AM
nickoli_02,

I'm attempting to compile the latest f-spot 0.3.4 and I'm getting stuck with this error when running ./configure:

checking for mono... /usr/bin/mono
checking for gmcs... /usr/bin/gmcs
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
checking for GDU_MODULE_VERSION_CHECK... yes
checking for mono.pc... configure: error: missing the mono.pc file, usually found in the mono-devel package

I ran locate and whereis after updatedb to try and find the missing file... it doesn't seem to be on my computer. This isn't the first time I've ran into this type of problem, so, I'm hoping someone can fill me in on a solution :)

$ sudo apt-get install mono-devel

:)

nickoli_02
March 1st, 2007, 06:15 AM
haha....... thanks :)

Well I installed mono-devel, but I get the same error. Locate mono.pc doesn't find the file...

po0f
March 1st, 2007, 06:18 AM
nickoli_02,

Ok, try installing libmono-dev instead.

nickoli_02
March 1st, 2007, 06:58 AM
alright... glad all those dependencies got sorted out, haha. Make and checkinstall finished with no errors :) thanks!

tanemahuta
May 22nd, 2007, 10:18 PM
Thx! Helped for me too!

Raineer
June 1st, 2007, 03:28 PM
nickoli_02,

Ok, try installing libmono-dev instead.

Thank you for this! I needed that one as well.

pavolzetor
April 26th, 2008, 11:41 AM
and me too thx