PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Zulu Qoute:

RAV TUX
February 28th, 2007, 02:16 AM
Bonke abantu bazalwa bekhululekile belingana ngesithunzi nangamalungelo. Bahlanganiswe wumcabango nangunembeza futhi kufanele baphathane ngomoya wobunye.All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
(Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights

NewOldTimer
February 28th, 2007, 02:32 AM
Ukuph' ukuziphakela (Giving is to dish out for oneself).

The emphasis of this is on reciprocity of kindness. When one gives another, it is like dishing out for oneself because when in need, the person who has been done in kindness will reciprocate it.

RAV TUX
February 28th, 2007, 05:26 AM
Ukuph' ukuziphakela (Giving is to dish out for oneself).

The emphasis of this is on reciprocity of kindness. When one gives another, it is like dishing out for oneself because when in need, the person who has been done in kindness will reciprocate it.nice.

fuscia
February 28th, 2007, 05:37 AM
i used to work at a library at boston university (the most expensive safety school in the country). one night, a coworker of mine and i found a zulu phrase book for relief workers. all i remember about it was there was a phrase for "don't fiddle with the boy's *****".

NewOldTimer
February 28th, 2007, 06:21 AM
i used to work at a library at boston university (the most expensive safety school in the country). one night, a coworker of mine and i found a zulu phrase book for relief workers. all i remember about it was there was a phrase for "don't fiddle with the boy's *****".

Hamba; uyakufika kwanqi ngetshe ... Go you will find a stone in the road that you cant get over or pass. meaning Go on, you will repent. :)

NewOldTimer
February 28th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Kuhlonishwana kabili (Respect is mutual).

When a person respects another, that respect should be reciprocated. Similarly, when one helps another, that help should be reciprocated.

bailout
March 1st, 2007, 03:09 AM
I couldn't decide on just one so here are two of my favourite Zulu quotes ;)

You mean your only plan is to stand behind a few feet of mealie bags and wait for the attack?

If 1200 men couldn't hold a defensive position this morning, what chance have we with 100?