PDA

View Full Version : Mounting device taking too much time in Dreamlinux

shellhrs
February 26th, 2007, 05:50 AM
I installed Dreamlinux 2.0 on my Thinkpad 600e (333 MHz, 6 GB, 96 MB). It looks beautiful, and it booted up much faster than Fluxbuntu (I triple boot with Fluxbuntu 6.10 and W2K). I have yet to get the sound working. I've read about a script to do that, but it was designed for Ubuntu, so I don't know if it will work. Maybe anyone out there have tried it?

The only problem I have from having Dreamlinux as my main OS (instead of the Fluxbuntu) is that mounting any device is taking so much time. I opened mnt directory from rox, and it took about 5 minutes to display the devices.

Oh yeah, I also can't get my LAN/modem PCMCIA card to work (I have Xircom 10/100 56K card).:confused: It's working well in Fluxbuntu and W2K.

Can anyone help me? I've tried searching Dreamlinux forum, but aside from the language barrier (I don't speak Portuguese), my problems apparently haven't been mentioned :)

mips
February 26th, 2007, 06:19 PM
I have yet to get the sound working.

Sound seems to be a common issue on that model. I would suggest doing a search for 600e & sound here as there have been some solutions if I'm not mistaken.