PDA

View Full Version : Torrent Episode Downloader

saracen
February 26th, 2007, 03:22 AM
Does anyone know of anything similar to TED (http://www.ted.nu/) but for Ubuntu?

PurplePenguin
February 26th, 2007, 04:06 AM
According to that website, it's java-based. It should run in Ubuntu.

Mateo
February 26th, 2007, 04:14 AM
didn't work for me

matthew@matthew-desktop:~/Desktop/ted$ java -jar ted.jar
/usr/share/themes/Clearlooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:60: Engine "clearlooks" is unsupported, ignoring
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no tray in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java :1682)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:993)
at org.jdesktop.jdic.tray.internal.impl.GnomeTrayAppl etService.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
at org.jdesktop.jdic.tray.internal.impl.ServiceManage rStub.getService(Unknown Source)
at org.jdesktop.jdic.tray.internal.ServiceManager.get Service(Unknown Source)
at org.jdesktop.jdic.tray.TrayIcon.<init>(Unknown Source)
at ted.TedMainDialog.initGUI(TedMainDialog.java:158)
at ted.TedMainDialog.<init>(TedMainDialog.java:131)
at ted.TedMain.main(TedMain.java:40)

saracen
February 26th, 2007, 04:21 AM
yeah, i was getting some errors too

saracen
February 26th, 2007, 04:36 AM
I got this error (something to do with system tray in the java desktop package):

saracen@veritas:~/Desktop/tedv080.zip_FILES$ java -jar ted.jar
/usr/share/themes/Silicon/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:64: Engine "ubuntulooks" is unsupported, ignoring
/usr/share/themes/Silicon/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:177: Priority specification is unsupported, ignoring
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no tray in java.library.path
at org.jdesktop.jdic.tray.internal.impl.GnomeTrayAppl etService.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
at org.jdesktop.jdic.tray.internal.impl.ServiceManage rStub.getService(Unknown Source)

So I copied the jdic.jar file from my Frostwire installation (under /usr/lib/frostwire) and pasted it into the linux subdirectory of TED. Now I get this error and I'm stuck:

saracen@veritas:~/Desktop/tedv080.zip_FILES$ java -jar ted.jar
/usr/share/themes/Silicon/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:64: Engine "ubuntulooks" is unsupported, ignoring
/usr/share/themes/Silicon/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:177: Priority specification is unsupported, ignoring
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdesktop/jdic/tray/TrayIcon

banjobacon
February 26th, 2007, 07:14 AM
I think Azureus has an RSS plugin. Check that out.

loftx
February 28th, 2007, 08:38 PM
didn't work for me

matthew@matthew-desktop:~/Desktop/ted$ java -jar ted.jar
/usr/share/themes/Clearlooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:60: Engine "clearlooks" is unsupported, ignoring

Try starting ted with the following code to fix this error:

java -Djava.library.path=linux -jar ted.jar

Works for me!

userundefine
February 28th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Or just use democracy player.

precinto
March 2nd, 2007, 04:40 PM
Try starting ted with the following code to fix this error:

Works for me!

Works here too.

odzx
March 23rd, 2007, 08:59 AM
getting this error:

oded@oded-desktop:~/Ted$ java -Djava.library.path=linux -jar ted.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/oded/Ted/linux/libtray.so: /home/oded/Ted/linux/libtray.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.jav a:1751)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java :1676)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1030)

tedsupport
August 2nd, 2007, 10:10 AM
hi there, I'm one of the developers of ted. I see that you have some problems getting ted running on linux. Since we did not test ted on linux, it could be that there are some things that ted tries to do that are not allowed (or supported) on linux.

First make sure you use the newest version of ted (0.90). Get it here (http://www.ted.nu/download.php).

As it seems from the exception messages you post here, there is an error occuring when ted tries to add a tray icon. There is a way to overcome this, simply add "noTray" as argument when you start ted.

so start ted with "java -jar ted.jar noTray"

some more info can be found on our forum (http://www.ted.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=279).

If you have some more questions, please contact me. We really want to have ted running smoothly on linux!

UbuWu
August 2nd, 2007, 11:49 AM
You can easily do that yourself using deluge's rss pluging and sharetv.org rss feeds. But ted indeed makes it even easier.

daradib
December 9th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Or in the TED configuration you can uncheck "Add ted to the system tray" under Look and Feel. That did it for me.

Kissell
December 4th, 2008, 06:27 PM
None of the suggestions here are working for me in Hardy server x86. When I launch the ted.jar it comes up saying this is my first time, but then it stops responding.

I'd really like to auto-schedule torrent download of my favorite show, because I don't have a DVR. Please help!

wolfen69
December 4th, 2008, 08:11 PM
just go to http://tvrss.net/ and go to the shows link at the top. they have every tv show torrent imaginable. it won't be automated, but you'll be able to get what you want.

magmon
December 4th, 2008, 08:36 PM
just go to http://tvrss.net/ and go to the shows link at the top. they have every tv show torrent imaginable. it won't be automated, but you'll be able to get what you want.

{Drools} DUDE, I can download house!

geoken
December 4th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Miro + TV RSS is what I've used in the past.

You go to TV RSS, find the show you want then copy the feed link to your clipboard. Then in Miro you create a new channel and past in the feed URL.

magmon
December 4th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Eh, im content with downloading the video files and putting them in my videos folder. I currently have like 2 gig of video downloading in transmission xD.

geoken
December 4th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Eh, im content with downloading the video files and putting them in my videos folder. I currently have like 2 gig of video downloading in transmission xD.

You would still be doing that with Miro. The only difference would be that the downloads would start automatically and that the files would all be going into folders that you set. For example, all my tv shows go into their own folder (automatically) when they're done downloading. If I was away from my computer for a week, I would automagically find new episodes of all my TV shows sitting in the appropriate folders.

mangurt
December 4th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Miro + TV RSS is what I've used in the past.

You go to TV RSS, find the show you want then copy the feed link to your clipboard. Then in Miro you create a new channel and past in the feed URL.

+1 for this set-up. It was even explained on CNET
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13739_3-9775271-46.html ):P