PDA

View Full Version : Adobe and Macromedia for Linux

joselin
February 24th, 2007, 11:21 AM
http://www.petitiononline.com/adMaLin/petition.html

To: Macromedia and Adobe Dear designers, photographers and all sorts of creative souls.

Wouldn't you think that it is about time that we can be creative on a platform other than Mac or PC.

Adobe and Macromedia people claim that there would not be enough interest from Linux users to use their products on this platform.

But lots of PC and Mac users are willing to switch to Linux. But their favourite creative tools are not available for Linux (yet). And that's why they are held back to switch to this economic and stable OS.

People speak up so we can move to Linux by using decent design tools which we are used to.

Adobe and Macromedia guys, we bet you have some great marketing campaigns up your sleeve to get people to buy your stuff for the Linux platform.

Sincerely

highneko
February 24th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Done. Maybe we'll get lucky. n_n

NeoChaosX
February 24th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Good luck with that. You're going to need it (http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.htm).

Gargamella
February 24th, 2007, 01:35 PM
I think we should make a good alternative of their programs, anyway they have to care about us... just signed

UltimaDude
February 24th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Just make a opensource program that can make Swf's for linux and i'm happy.

graabein
February 24th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Signed. We need to put constant pressure on the companies to get their attention. If you're using GNU/Linux and you miss programs then make yourself head by email and polls etc.

DoctorMO
February 24th, 2007, 02:11 PM
swf's? I've seen that format it aint prity.

I'm not too bothered about Adobe, the do some good products but it's really their own choice on entering a new market. Linux will grow and adobe will move; but I won't ask them to because it's none of my business.

IYY
February 24th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Petitions aren't usually useful, but I signed anyway.

rko618
February 24th, 2007, 08:37 PM
signed. However if Adobe hasn't done it yet I don't see any hope for them doing it in the future.

Then again I said that about Flash player 8/9 and look what happened.