PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Ubuntu... 64?

Bubs
February 24th, 2007, 06:24 AM
I was impressed by all the additions to the Ultimate Ubuntu release. does anyone know of plans for a 64 bit release? or (Hopefully) release a repo with everything that they added so that even 64bit and kubuntu users can easily apt-get the packages he added. I just now heard about the Ultimate edition and would like to give it a shot but unfortunately the .torrent is coming in a 1 KB/s. but I would also love to try it out on the 64 bit edition.

oh and before anyone brings this up... I know that the ultimate edition is not an officially supported version of Ubuntu. I just thought some people around here may know a thing or two. thats all

maniacmusician
February 24th, 2007, 07:07 AM
umm...[no idea what Ultimate Ubuntu is]

Xzallion
February 24th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Whats this "Ultimate Ubuntu" you speak of? How bout a link?

compwiz18
February 24th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Whats this "Ultimate Ubuntu" you speak of? How bout a link?

http://ubuntusoftware.info/faq.html

I'd never heard of it either.

FyreBrand
February 24th, 2007, 07:26 AM
I think this is what the OP is talking about: Ubuntu Ultimate (http://ubuntusoftware.info/ultimate/index.html).

This isn't an official Ubuntu release or even an acknowledged "flavor". It's just some guys personal fork from a Christmas Edition (which I think you can read about in the Feisty section). This isn't the first time this Ultimate Edition thread has come up. I'm sure he's done a great job with the custom packaging (or it wouldn't have had so many downloads and thanks yous), but I really wish he would make it clear that it's a custom ISO he's made with added apps and some nice eye candy and not an official release.

edit: I could be wrong about the link. I just Googled it and that's what I came up with.

TheKid965
February 24th, 2007, 04:58 PM
The site seems to be up and down like the proverbial yo-yo. If you don't get anything at first, try hitting Reload and see if anything changes.

Bubs
February 26th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Fyrebrand has it. thats what I was talking about. I know it wasn't a new version but I thought it added some nice things. so I thought I'd ask if anyone knew

FyreBrand
February 27th, 2007, 07:43 AM
While I may not like the name so much I think he's done a lot of nice work in packaging and putting together a really nice look. It's a commendable job.