PDA

View Full Version : What software does Ubuntu Linux need? (make this a sticky suggestion thread)

billdotson
February 23rd, 2007, 09:17 PM
I want to start a centralized thread where ideas for updates to existing software and/or features, and new software and/or features are discussed, voted on and hopefully get a centralized development on certain pieces of software that the majority of people want.

In my opinion this is a good idea and I would hope that it would help get a good idea for stuff we need on Ubuntu Linux to make it even more useful.

I would vote for an easy-to-use video editor/creator as Kino does not work for me and Cinelerra gives me headaches

Sqwishy
February 23rd, 2007, 10:10 PM
I put otherstuff, being games, the only good fps i've played is true combat, a mod of enemy territory, and the graphpics arn't that good. Oh i also played quake 4 demo on the sabaoyon install cd :P but it's not free so that stinks.

maniacmusician
February 23rd, 2007, 10:20 PM
I put otherstuff, being games, the only good fps i've played is true combat, a mod of enemy territory, and the graphpics arn't that good. Oh i also played quake 4 demo on the sabaoyon install cd :P but it's not free so that stinks.
lol, uhh not really. It's a pretty nice game that I wouldn't mind paying for if I had the money to spare.

tebibyte
February 25th, 2007, 05:41 PM
I'd like to see an easy to use open source video editor, that has a ton of features. Kino is nice, but it doesn't do that much. Cinelerra is really hard to use. I have also yet to see good home and landscape designer software in the repositories that will run on ubuntu.

It's nice that their are already loads of free software already available for ubuntu. :)