PDA

View Full Version : MS Support recommends Piracy.

Kateikyoushi
February 23rd, 2007, 05:25 AM
In light of the recent comments of the MS leaders, like Bill Gates has nothing to do with it if a Russian teacher goes to a siberian prison for buying Illegal MS softwares (he wasn't aware of it was pirated software), or Ballmer's claims OSS is using MS intellectual property , seems interesting that their employees recommend piracy instead of the troublesome windows activation.

Makes me wonder would he send the unlucky vista owner to prison as well, because after 45 minutes of phone call he decides to take the advice of the Microsoft tech support and hacks his vista ?

My Vista Upgrade Experience (http://www.overclockers.com/articles1416/)

Vivix729
February 23rd, 2007, 05:31 AM
That's golden.

MetalMusicAddict
February 23rd, 2007, 05:33 AM
Thing is, if he got nabbed (wont happen) for it theres no proof they told him to do it.

phewl
February 23rd, 2007, 05:43 AM
that is one of the most cracked out things i have heard about microsoft, that makes me feel a lot better because its not like we arn't paying out the *** for this software, and if the tech support tells us to "borrow" or download piracy software to get around activation then whats the ******* point in buying?

steven8
February 23rd, 2007, 05:56 AM
You have to wonder if that support person might be out the door if it were found out.

sultanoswing
February 23rd, 2007, 07:18 AM
Telephone records and logs exist for just these two reasons (firing staff and in case legal issues arise). Didn't you ever hear the common message before speaking with a CSR:

"This telephone call is/may be recorded for training purposes."

spockrock
February 23rd, 2007, 07:35 AM
some should of told that guy first, that upgrade versions 'can't' do fresh installs, second if he did do a fresh install, he should of, done a fresh install and then not entered a key, and the done an upgrade on the fresh install, this time using his key.

MetalMusicAddict
February 23rd, 2007, 03:41 PM
Telephone records and logs exist for just these two reasons (firing staff and in case legal issues arise). Didn't you ever hear the common message before speaking with a CSR:

"This telephone call is/may be recorded for training purposes."

The record only shows that there was a call and the call is only taped if the support person starts it.