PDA

View Full Version : localhost login

zentarrhae
February 21st, 2007, 08:20 PM
hi

my brother is a php programmer and he install centOS v4.4. I want to use the computer but i dont know the localhost login and password, I want to change the localhost login and password, how do i do this?

pls help me, thanks

zent

Rodneyck
February 21st, 2007, 08:30 PM
I have never used this distribution, but I had a similar problem with another one that asked for the hostname and login. What worked for me (and may not for you) is type "root" as the hostname and either entering the password (if you set one up or know it) or just hit enter.

Try that and see...

zentarrhae
February 21st, 2007, 09:24 PM
still cant login, i want to change the login and passwd of my brother so that i can login...and use the computer.

thanks,:confused:

zent

manmower
February 22nd, 2007, 06:18 AM
Maybe he has defined a password so that people don't mess around with his computer. But if you really can't respect that there's always LiveCDs... I strongly disapprove of what you're trying to do though.

mips
February 22nd, 2007, 10:24 AM
Why don't you simply ask your brother for the password details ?

Rodneyck
February 22nd, 2007, 11:39 PM
I assumed he was working outside of the x server. I did not realize he was trying to break a password.

:shock:

Heavens, I seemed to have been aiding some sort of criminal activity here. *ducks behind the bushes.*

zaratustra
February 23rd, 2007, 01:02 AM
correct me if I am wrong, but what has centOS to do with debian? Isn't it Fedora-based?