PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Commercial Brainstorm

fiveryanfrenzy
February 21st, 2007, 06:28 PM
Hey I thought of a funny Idea for an Ubuntu Commercial, and in light of Dells recent announcement of supporting Linux, maybe they will create (or some video savvy ubunutu users) a commercial for ubuntu...

I thought of a spin-off of the 'i'm a pc, i'm a mac commercial' where a guy that looks like our famous mac guy says like 'i'm a mac' and then he kind of looks around like he is confused as to why he is alone, then out of the sky comes down this really hot chick (or slick looking guy) in a suit but with huge angels wings, and lands powerfully, stating monotonously: and I'm a pc.

then there would be a little argument about how he/she must not be a pc.... ending with the obvious: I am a PC with Ubuntu... (or something), I'm FREE! and then he/she takes off with a majestic spread of the wings into flight.

i can see it all in my head.

anyone have any ideas for an ubuntu commercial?

anyone video/audio savvy enough to work on one for youtube maybe?

Hendrixski
February 21st, 2007, 06:34 PM
Sounds good. Have you thought of joining the advertising team? It's a hell of a great way to contribute back to the community. You can create posters, cartoons, flyers, social events, commercials etc. And I'm sure people will get behind your idea, expand on it, build it and turn it into a reality in the same way that open source software is developed.

:) Join the team, and if you do enough stuff, someone can recomend you to be an official member of Ubuntu, and you even get business cards from Canonical. Pretty sweet, huh?

drfalkor
February 21st, 2007, 06:39 PM
I have an idea about one Linux commercial.. like, there is the windows logo, mac logo and the linux pengu:

The windows logo and the mac logo is bitching alot in say 10 sec, and then suddenly a big linux pengu drops down fast ( you can hear it falls down), and then "Wham" the linux pengu has squeesed the other logos under him because the linux pengu is so fat, and then there is no sound for 3 secs, and then the linux pengu blinks with his left eye while you hear a magic kind of sound("dring-g-g")..... "Linux, the way you want it"

:)