PDA

View Full Version : If you IRC, What IRC channels are you regularly found at?

RAV TUX
February 21st, 2007, 05:57 AM
I am relatively new to IRC, yet I primarily am found on freenode at the following channels:

[Whois] ravtux is a user on channels: #beryl #gentoo #kde #sabayon #sabayon-dev-help #ubuntuforums
[Whois] ravtux is an operator on channels: #ubuntu-us-ne

GameManK
February 21st, 2007, 06:14 AM
#kubuntu #kubuntu-devel #ubuntu+1 #ubuntu-bugs #ubuntu-us-ne
and recently #ubuntuforums

Jucato
February 21st, 2007, 07:21 AM
#kubuntu (operator), #kubuntu-devel, #ubuntu-ops, #ubuntu-doc, #kde, #kde-devel, #kde4-devel, #kde-bugs, #konversation, and #katapult, #ubuntu-ph (LoCo team)

IRC Name: Jucato

'nuff said. :D

macogw
February 21st, 2007, 07:28 AM
[macogw] #ubuntu-nyc #ubucon #ubuntu-offtopic #ubuntu+1 #cnerdc @#ubuntu-us-ne #ubuntuforums @#nuubuntuteam
^freenode

or on irc.linuxchix.org #linuxchix

jdhore
February 21st, 2007, 08:58 AM
on Freenode, just #ubuntu-us-ne, #toyd, and #ubuntu-us-ne for me, but i'm on about 6 networks and 17 different channels fulltime

Spr0k3t
February 21st, 2007, 10:18 AM
#weechat, #ubuntu-ot (think that's right), and #ubuntuforums

...Looking for a good midwest channel for ubuntu speckaging.

<spr0k3t>

mcduck
February 21st, 2007, 10:24 AM
My regular channels are #ubuntu.fi and #konemusa, both in IRCnet.

boredandblogging.com
February 21st, 2007, 08:09 PM
#ubuntu-georgia #ubuntu-us #ubuntu #ubuntuforums #ale #ubuntu-meeting #ubuntu-locoteams

bonzodog
February 21st, 2007, 09:09 PM
Having been on IRC since 1996, I am very familiar with it, but no longer use any of the officially recognised ubuntu channels, as there is a clause in the conditions that I just cannot abide by - No systemscripts.

I am trying to learn IRC scripting in perl using the weechat API, so running system scripts is kind of needed for me. However, I am always on variuos channels in Freenode, and also have 2 IRC darknets, and hang around on a channel on Undernet.

Channels I lurk in on Freenode:

#ubuntu-gwos (UDSF channel, not officially recognised by ubuntu community. See last years doc and wiki arguments!) - Op, and admin

#zenwalk - My distro Channel

#think-tank - My other channel, run by me and Zenrox. Op, and admin.

#mod-free - The ubuntu forums outcast community split off last year, and started their own forums- http://www.modfree.org/index.php/
Absolute free speech and NO moderation (well, we have two admins/mods, but they are only there to make sure people stay around.)

Cider
February 19th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I might be a noob at this point but here is goes.

Trying to connect to the IRc channel on irc.freenode.org

All I get is Login with USER and PASS!

How do I regsiter?

Some help here would be appreciated.

Regards,

FuturePilot
February 19th, 2008, 08:34 AM
FuturePilot on
#ubuntuforums and #ubuntu-offtopic

v.cube
February 19th, 2008, 08:44 AM
#ubuntu