PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Newbie...kinda

Leebo
February 18th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Ive been playing around with linux for a couple of years now..on and off mainly used mandrake, then i went to ubuntu then back to mandriva and now back to ubuntu. While ill probably never delete my windows partition, this ubuntu install is quickly becoming my fav (especially now that i have figured out how to get EQ running in linux).

I installed edgy about 2 days ago and just now installed beryl..and i must say AWESOME :P. Had absolutely no probs installing beryl being that i had already installed updated kernel/nvidia drivers...basically just apt-get beryl and i was off..no snags or anything.

I am very impressed with how far ubuntu and the general linux community has come and i think im here to stay :) (on the desktop neways wifey doesnt like me to mess with laptop) but thats ok cause desktop is the one i use most.

So newho, i just wanted to congratulate the linux community for winning over another windows user. Keep up the excellent work!

psynyd
February 18th, 2007, 04:14 PM
spot on mate.. im a recent convert too: ive only been using it for about a month and I know one thing for sure.. vista or not, ive converted to linux for good!

solar george
February 18th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Sit back and enjoy the revolution.

buuntuu!
February 18th, 2007, 04:24 PM
welcome!
i too thaught i'd never remove xp as i got it preinstalled on my thinkpad, but i without noticing i began booting xp less and less... now the time has come to let it go alltogether, i just don't see, why i should waste 15 gig for something i do not use!
there is not a single thing i do on my laptop which cannot be done with linux, playing around is much more fun (actually i never dared to touch anything under windows for fear of breaking something and then being stuck) in the forum you will ALWAYS find an answer to any problem you encounter...
as you see i am really happy with ubuntu, maybe you'll become a 100%-convert too;)