PDA

View Full Version : How do you put a Giraffe in a refrigerator?

bonzodog
February 18th, 2007, 03:02 PM
I received this as E-Mail off a friend of mine, and thought it was funny, and decided to share it with you:

1. How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?

The correct answer is: Open the refrigerator, put in the giraffe, and close the door. This question tests whether you tend to do simple things in an overly complicated way.

2. How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?

Did you say, Open the refrigerator, put in the elephant, and close the refrigerator??

Wrong Answer.

Correct Answer: Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, put in the elephant and close the door. This tests your ability to think through the repercussions of your previous actions.

3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals attend... except one. Which animal does not attend??

Correct Answer: The Elephant. The elephant is in the refrigerator. You just put him in there. This tests your memory. Okay, even if you did not answer the first three questions correctly, you still have one more chance to show your true abilities.

4. There is a river you must cross but it is used by crocodiles, and you do not have a boat. How do you manage it?

Correct Answer: You jump into the river and swim across. Have you not been listening? All the crocodiles are attending the Animal Meeting. This tests whether you learn quickly from your mistakes.

According to Anderson Consulting Worldwide, around 90% of the professionals they tested got all questions wrong, but many preschoolers got several correct answers. Anderson Consulting says this conclusively disproves the theory that most professionals have the brains of a four-year-old.

karellen
February 18th, 2007, 03:08 PM
:) nice. I didn't know the last two ones...

RAV TUX
February 18th, 2007, 03:54 PM
I received this as E-Mail off a friend of mine, and thought it was funny, and decided to share it with you:Interesting it reminds me of a story I heard, (can't confirm if it is true or not) of an Aerospace Engineering firm that had a board room full of desirable applicants and each applicant was given a plain sheet of printer paper and was told to build a paper airplane and whoever could build the airplane that traveled the furtherest distance would be selected for the job.. They each were given a private room to perform their engineers skills, with an observer timing the process. All of these Aerospace Engineers had the highest degrees in their profession, Phd's with extreme amounts of advanced studies. Many built very intricate paper airplanes that flew for some great distances.

Finally the winning applicant came up with his design and was highered immediately.

What did he do different?, Why did his design go the furtherest and thus win the final challenge to win his position for the job?

While each potential applicant was given about 20 minutes they were judged on three things:

1. The ability to achieve the directive of having their paper airplane travel the furtherest distance.

2. How long it took them to complete the task; thus the shortest time to build their airplane would prove that not only did the applicant have superior intellect but also the ability to be efficient.

3. Originality & uniqueness in design for their individual paper airplane design.

Most applicants took the full 20 minutes if not close to it.

The winning applicant only took a few seconds at most.

When they went to the empty hanger bay to test their designs the winning applicant floored everybody.

His paper airplane did in fact travel the furthest, at least 4 times further then everybody else's.

He also had the most original and unique design out of all the paper airplanes designed.

How did he design such a marvelous flying airplane out of a plain sheet of printer paper that flow the longest distance and even more so how did he do it in such a short amount of time?, Also how was it designed so radically different from everybody else's?
simple.

He crumbled the piece of paper into a wad and throw it across the room!

Now here is an example of a man with true ingenuity and his education didn't get wasted on over complicating the task at hand, proof positive that achieving the highest degree in your profession says nothing about your ability to use it effectively...the greatest pitfall is to let education become a limiting factor to reason effectively, thus hindering your ability to be successful in life.

karellen
February 18th, 2007, 04:01 PM
:) yeap, knowledge means nor talent, nor imagination

highneko
February 18th, 2007, 04:03 PM
I got them all wrong. x_x

I was thinking throw the elephant into the river and while they're eating it quickly swim across. :)

JAPrufrock
February 18th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Most people will get No 1 wrong because they assume that a giraffe is too tall/big to fit into a fridge. Obviously, the fridge is a very large one, quite large enough for a giraffe. Since size of the fridge is not a limiting factor, there is no reason why both the giraffe and the elephant won't fit in there together.

shining
February 18th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Most people will get No 1 wrong because they assume that a giraffe is too tall/big to fit into a fridge. Obviously, the fridge is a very large one, quite large enough for a giraffe. Since size of the fridge is not a limiting factor, there is no reason why both the giraffe and the elephant won't fit in there together.

I think it's possible to have a fridge where you can put one giraffe, or one elephant, but not both together.
But indeed, it's not possible to know, there is a missing factor.
The only correct answer is : it depends on the size of the fridge.

Whatever, none of the answers are correct, it's just total nonsense :D

koenn
February 18th, 2007, 05:19 PM
I know that fridge - it's just big enough for 1 elephant. An elephant and a giraffe wouldn't work