PDA

View Full Version : ComplexNumber's request for a RAV TUX wallpaper

RAV TUX
February 18th, 2007, 12:49 AM
RAV TUX
i've just nicked that wallpaper of yours :D. i like the tones.

did you get a good clean copy?...if not I can post the wallpaper for you.

ComplexNumber
February 18th, 2007, 12:53 AM
actually, it was slightly fuzzy/pixelated...almost as if it has been stretched in size. what i'm going to do is make the white part transparent so that i can alter the colour when its being used as wallpaper.
yes, i would appreciate a clean copy, thanks :)

RAV TUX
February 18th, 2007, 01:15 AM
actually, it was slightly fuzzy/pixelated...almost as if it has been stretched in size. what i'm going to do is make the white part transparent so that i can alter the colour when its being used as wallpaper.
yes, i would appreciate a clean copy, thanks :)I'll see what I can do:)

ComplexNumber
February 18th, 2007, 01:25 AM
RAV TUX
nice one :).

RAV TUX
February 18th, 2007, 03:35 AM
RAV TUX
i've just nicked that wallpaper of yours :D. i like the tones. there's a good clock called aero clock that i used to use. its digital, but it is attractive and goes with with liquid weather etc

yes, i would appreciate a clean copy, thanks :)

I'll see what I can do:)

RAV TUX
nice one :).

Unfortunately I have realized that my wallpaper is a bit pixelated and stretched out...perhaps I will try resizing the smaller original in the GIMP first....

ComplexNumber
February 18th, 2007, 03:45 AM
RAV TUX
its ok. no worries :). i'm going to see if gimp has a plugin that can soften things slightly.
i have made the white part to be transparent. i think that 'luminous' glowing white ball, together with the shadow, is rather effective.

btw i split this off from the gnome vs kde thread (previously the More mudslinging between Linus Torvalds and GNOME thread)

RAV TUX
February 18th, 2007, 05:37 AM
RAV TUX
its ok. no worries :). i'm going to see if gimp has a plugin that can soften things slightly.
i have made the white part to be transparent. i think that 'luminous' glowing white ball, together with the shadow, is rather effective.

btw i split this off from the gnome vs kde thread (previously the More mudslinging between Linus Torvalds and GNOME thread)very nice I like the Red Light GIMP'd one....Magenta would be nice

RAV TUX
February 18th, 2007, 05:40 AM
now this would really be cool to find a way to have her embrace the SuperKaramba Linux Clock

RAV TUX
February 18th, 2007, 05:41 AM
now this would really be cool to find a way to have her embrace the SuperKaramba Linux Clock

I have placed the clock there in transparent mode but her arms and hands need to be on top....

RAV TUX
February 18th, 2007, 05:42 AM
I love this picture btw, it has a very spiritual, motherly embrace to it...like mother-earth embracing the world,....the light of the world

justin whitaker
February 18th, 2007, 05:55 AM
I totally expected a wall with every distribution logo in it.

:lolflag:

ComplexNumber
February 18th, 2007, 06:14 AM
I totally expected a wall with every distribution logo in it.

:lolflag:
i doubt it ;). i don't have any wallpapers with any distro mentioned on it.

very nice I like the Red Light GIMP'd one....Magenta would be nice
here you go. just set the background to be whatever colour you want it to be. the figure(not the background) is transparent, so it just takes on the background colour. i've applied focus blur using gimp to soften the edges very slightly.

yabbadabbadont
February 18th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Very nice work! I'll be adding this to my collection. This one brings the total up to 59,918... :lol:

RAV TUX
February 18th, 2007, 07:02 AM

here you go. just set the background to be whatever colour you want it to be. the figure(not the background) is transparent, so it just takes on the background colour. i've applied focus blur using gimp to soften the edges very slightly.wow incredible....so if I just want to keep it black and white just set the background to a soft grey

RAV TUX
February 18th, 2007, 07:07 AM

here you go. just set the background to be whatever colour you want it to be. the figure(not the background) is transparent, so it just takes on the background colour. i've applied focus blur using gimp to soften the edges very slightly.

wow incredible....so if I just want to keep it black and white just set the background to a soft greyOK....this is way tooo cool I went with the Magenta color

RAV TUX
February 18th, 2007, 07:12 AM
OK....this is way tooo cool I went with the Magenta colorchanged my mind going back to black and white

yabbadabbadont
February 18th, 2007, 07:14 AM
*snip*

:D :lol:

Edit: Hmmm. If that went too far, feel free to edit it Rav.

EDIT: by RAV TUX, how did you know?:lolflag:

(Now I know why your location is set to: Location: 2 exits past crazy)

yabbadabbadont
February 18th, 2007, 08:02 AM
I wasn't sure if that humor was over the line here. That's why I added my edit. :)

(In the Gentoo forums it would have been considered quite tame. :lol:)

By the way, Esetroot is unable to set the root window correctly with this image (in Fluxbox if it matters), even when I use the "-bgcolor" option. <shrug> I'll add a tinted background layer in Gimp and then flatten the image. It should work fine then. That's the first time I've run into an image that Esetroot couldn't handle correctly. Thanks again ComplexNumber.

RAV TUX
February 18th, 2007, 08:15 AM
I wasn't sure if that humor was over the line here. That's why I added my edit. :)

(In the Gentoo forums it would have been considered quite tame. :lol:)

By the way, Esetroot is unable to set the root window correctly with this image (in Fluxbox if it matters), even when I use the "-bgcolor" option. <shrug> I'll add a tinted background layer in Gimp and then flatten the image. It should work fine then. That's the first time I've run into an image that Esetroot couldn't handle correctly. Thanks again ComplexNumber.

for Fluxbox ask Brunellus he should be able to help you...PM him or catch him at freenode #ubuntuforums

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7996/sphereou3.gif

the above is my very first animated Gif....I just made it by mistake on the GIMP
its a spinning octakaidecagon

yabbadabbadont
February 18th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Flux doesn't have anything to do with setting the background. (except for fbsetroot, but it only does colors) :) It just seems that Esetroot doesn't like png files that include transparency. :( The display program from ImageMagick handles it fine, but it has a bug where it won't correctly set the root window even when called with "-window root". It's not a big deal. I'll just edit the file like I said earlier and it should be fine. Cool animation by the way.

RAV TUX
February 18th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Cool animation by the way.

Thanks I just made a second one...see it here:

http://cafelinux.org/forum/index.php/topic,21.0.html